Saturday, December 24, 2005

'Twas the night before Christmas...

...and all through the house, ten people were cooking, watching TV, reading, insulting each other (largely in an affectionate manner), wrapping presents, playing computer games and writing blog entries.

I am at my parent's house with the entire clan around me. It's going well so far, with few voices raised in anger, and the gin freely flowing. I have spent the whole afternoon cooking, and I have just been banished from the room the wrapping is taking place in, in order that the others involved may wrap presents for me. Yay!

In my usual accident-prone manner, I've been injured several times already, although whether it counts as an accident when someone hits you in the eye with a roll of wrapping paper, or pulls you off a cabin bed, is open to interpretation. I did, however, draw blood with a potato peeler. I guess I'm not losing my touch.

So today's all about the baking and wrapping and singing of carols, and preparing for the big event tomorrow.

Christmas stockings first thing, with a breakfast of croissants. I will be going to church, but that's more for the singing than the religion. When we get back, other presents, followed by much peeling of potatoes and sprouts. Christmas lunch will involve buckets full of bread sauce (Yummy!) and lots of wine, then we'll all settle down for an afternoon of lazing, possibly punctuated by a nice walk.

Anyway, my dears, a very merry Christmas to you, and a happy holiday season whatever your religion or social beliefs.

*raises a glass*

15 Comments:

At 7:01 am, Blogger Charybdis said...

Merry Christmas Hieronymus. I hope you got everything you wanted that is still legal in Scotchland. It's 1:00 Christmas morning, and we still have guests.

 
At 5:11 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas chicky. You are such a fantastic person that you deserve every happiness.

 
At 6:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't worry, a little blood in the cooking only improves the flavour.

 
At 8:52 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Riiight, was that comment in jest or was it supposed to be as bitchy as it sounds?

 
At 2:05 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea. If it's in jest, that's fine. If it isn't, then I'm hardly alarmed by someone who anonymously comments on other people's blogs.

And yes, I contribute plenty more than this blog, thanks. Nice of you to be so concerned.

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm going to take an unprecedented step. I've never deleted a comment before that wasn't spam.

However, since this is someone who doesn't know me (I checked the IP), doesn't have anything to do with my personal blog, and stumbled onto it through an old joke thread in the old MoH forum, I have chosen to not make anybody have to read the vitriol-laced ramblings.

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Does this mean that you don't want to read my vitriol-laced ramblings anymore either?

 
At 8:55 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Don't be silly, dear. You know I love you.

;-)

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

And yet you still won't marry me.

 
At 12:06 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know Matt would kick up a fuss...

 
At 12:26 am, Blogger Charybdis said...

It's always something, isn't it? :P So when are you getting home?

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

About 7pm tonight.
I get to sleep in a proper bed! Hooray!

But I have the flu. Buggery.

 
At 3:06 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Everyone is getting sick now. And I'm still not over mine, damnit.

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Get better soon though, I miss you sweetie. I was actually forced to talk to her yesterday morning out of boredom.

 
At 3:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, return to us soon: you need to get to work on reaching the 20,000 posts goal! Plus, we miss your randomness and quaintness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home