Monday, December 05, 2005

Lemurs...

I spoke to Nettie on Friday. I was actually shaking, I was so scared, but once we got over the initial nervousness, we got on like a house on fire (complete with all the deaths and loss of belongings and so forth). We talked for two and a half hours, spanning everything from other members of the MoH forum (be afraid, be very afraid!) to gardening.
It was a blast.

Hey, I'll let you in on a secret: Nettie's Australian.
Which reminds me: "sophisticated and grown up", Nettie? I believe your actual description was 'old'. So nyer.

On Saturday we went Christmas shopping. Do you know what's helpful when you go Christmas shopping? Sharp elbows, bags containing hard, pointy things, and a complete disregard for human life.

And I managed to get very little for anyone else, but Matt and I did stumble across a TWENTY PACK (Oh yes) of horror films for only £15.

There's a couple of classics on there - the original House on Haunted Hill, and George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead.

It also contains some... less classic films (18 of them) such as Hellraiser III, Eat and Run, Hell Penitentiary and Bucket of Blood.

We shall have to have a couple of marathons of these, to see whether any of them reach the dizzying heights of both Voodoo Academy and Blood Gnome (and, to a lesser extent, despite its use of midgets, Sideshow).

Sunday, I went shopping for kitchen utensils, then I made a roast lamb joint that I stuffed with anchovies wrapped in ham. That makes the centre of the joint stay moist, and doesn't make it taste of anchovy. I did that and roasted potatoes, onion and garlic. Then I made some chocolate buns with white chocolate chips in, and a chocolate sponge cake. Quite the little homemaker, aren't I?

I would also like to thank Acci for the fantastic parcel of goodies I received this morning. It shall be put to good use, my dear. Thank you.

So.... yeah! Lemurs.

9 Comments:

At 11:07 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I didn't mean you were old! I'll let you in on a secret...I thought your accent was very sexy!
*waits for Boo's face to turn bright red before I continue*
So there!

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Oh, and I had so much fun!

 
At 11:09 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Hah!
I'm far sexier in real life.

But I want to have your accent. You'll have to teach me.

 
At 11:11 am, Blogger Nettie said...

But I don't have an accent! I'm Miss Generic...

 
At 11:14 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Yours is Australian with a hint of Canadian. Who wouldn't want that? It's the most laid-back accent ever!

 
At 11:22 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I wonder where I get the Canadian from? I mean, my Dad lives there, but only for the past year or so...I wonder what my Mother isn't telling me???

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha! I knew you girls gossip about me when I'm not there!

Anyway, I hope everything got to you without exploding or performing any other messy feats, Boo. And don't shoot out your eye with the pirate set.

 
At 10:44 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

That roast lamb joint sounds very tasty...

* drool *

And so: what did you two gossip about me huh...???!!

And I gather from it you have telephone again?

I am slowly recuperating again by the way. I even updated my blog a bit. But I still feel exhausted.

 
At 2:57 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I have proper telephone again, but not internet telephone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home