Friday, November 18, 2005

Over myself.

Right, I've got over myself. Thanks to all you lovely people who posted.
After an evening of sipping vodka, and a good long sleep, I am back into the land of the non- (or at least less) whining.

Having said that, I'm going to segue (badly) straight into a thing about the weather. How very British.

It's freezing. It's below zero for the third day in a row, and this cold snap just isn't showing any signs of thawing. I like the cold, despite my crappy circulation (which, incidentally, makes it possible for me to be indoors, with heating and still not feel my toes. Oh, toes. Where are you?) and I'd much rather be too cold than too hot.

However, it makes it very difficult to walk and read whilst wearing gloves. I thought I'd got round that by buying fingerless gloves. Aha! But then it's just too cold to have any of my hand exposed for long periods. So then I got fingerless gloves with a bit you can fold over the end to form mittens. Aha! But see my previous point, and realise that I just have to keep them as mittens constantly, thus ensuring difficult page-turning at all times.

*segue, segue*

An excellent book, and (unusually) one that I had heard good things about from book critics (and Richard and Judy) is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I laughed, I cried, I couldn't put it down. Read it. Buy it, borrow it, steal it, form some sort of exact replica out of bendy straws. I don't care. Just read it.
Also The Church of Dead Girls by Stephen Dobyns, and Virgins and Martyrs by Simon Maginn.

The BDP is active today. There's 20 palettes of concrete blocks, and both generators are chugging. The Pigeons themselves are also quite active - in fact, I'd say they were nervous. This worries me.

There was something else I was going to share with y'all, but I forget what it was now.
Oh well.
Back after the weekend.

4 Comments:

At 5:21 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I'm so glad you're a bit more chirpy today chicky.
Sound like some good books. When I actually get a chance to read another book, I'll have to get one of the long list of books you've told me about.

 
At 7:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's far more fitting to have our BDP correspondant being a chirpy chicky!

 
At 10:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a bit miserable to read the other day, luckily i had warning as you told me about it in advance on the phone! Despite that, i was amazed at how much of a miserable old cow you were. Ha ha this is fun! Coincidentally, this is also just the beginning.

 
At 10:13 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Huw, nice to see you about...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home