Monday, October 31, 2005

Swings and roundabouts.

My weekend was very up and down.
So, if you're sitting comfortably, then I shall tell you about it.

Up: Spent Friday night in watching TV and redying my hair. On Saturday we went to Asda, and picked up some Halloween decorations, then went home for a nap before we went out that evening. We were going to the Mission (an 'alternative' club) and it was fancy dress, so I wore my black and red PVC nurse's uniform (a very lazy costume, actually, as I was just wearing my big boots as per usual, and all I had to do was buy tights. I went for opaque black ones, as I felt that fishnets were too slutty-hen-night) and then just lots of eye make-up and purple hair all flaily. Let me tell you, clubbing whilst wearing plastic (however small a costume it is) is quite hot work. It was a good night, and for once I didn't get too drunk and fall over. At one point we got a guy kicked out by the bouncers for harassing my sister and I. Then I discovered one of my ex art tutors upstairs with his boyfriend, so I spent most of the night hanging out with them. When we got in at a bit after 4am, I just stripped off and dived under a cold shower. Bliss.

Down: I woke up with a painful hand yesterday, which I can't explain as I didn't do anything to it. It still hurts, and it's getting worse. I have made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. It seems inflamed around the thumb, and I can't use it for anything. Good thing it's my left hand, and I'm right-handed. We got snuggled up to watch a film and maybe have a nap in the afternoon, then were disturbed by my family unexpectedly knocking on our door, picking us up for a trip to IKEA that we'd completely forgotten about.

Up: Once we actually got to IKEA, it was quite fun. Matt, my brother and I went charging about trying all the beds and chairs and stuff. We managed to get hold of some stuff we needed for a really good price, and then my parents drove us to my sister's house, where we watched really awful horror films (Sideshow and Blood Gnome) and ate party food with a bunch of people. Entertainment was had by all. And hysterics.

Down. Very, very down: We got home and found Baal was dead.

6 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Awwww, sorry to hear about Baal....
* hugs *
Strange how that works isn't it? It's 'only' a little hamster, but still: it is something you love.

Your hand: sounds like you have an inflammation of one of your sinews

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Oh sweetie.

*hug*

 
At 12:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...commiserations on Baal. :(

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your condolances, guys.
He was a sweetie.

Mort, I don't think I'm enough of a goth for Whitby. And the boots are just New Rocks, so it's not like they're massively platformed. My Transmuters, on the other hand, are. But I fall over in them whilst drunk.

LaMa, I am seeing the doctor this afternoon at 4, so I'll keep you updated.

 
At 2:41 am, Blogger RACL said...

I am sorry to hear about your hamster. A more cheerful aside: While in the UK over Halloween, we saw some kids trick-or-treating a few days early. We politely informed them that Halloween wasn't for another few days, but they made the excuse that they would be away on fall break. Brits don't get it.

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I think it's awful that kids trick-or-treat nowadays. It's demanding sweets with menaces. When I was little, we did guising, where you dressed up and did a little song, or told jokes, and were rewarded for it. Much better attitude to be teaching children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home