Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Five Items of Profound Truth

Ok. First of all, Vishnu died on Friday.
It was very peaceful. We think he had a stroke, as his left-hand side just stopped moving. Then he just curled up in his nest and wound down.

Secondly, it was my birthday on Sunday. Thanks so much to all the people who posted here and on MoH. I had a good day. Matt and I woke up at about 10.30 (well, I woke up then and prodded Matt until he woke up), and Matt gave me presents. Three books, a pendant, a box of paints and a Bratz Rock Angelz doll. Oh yes.

We hung out for a bit, then I went back to bed for a nap. When I got up, we headed down to Ocean Terminal to see Corpse Bride, which was very cool. I liked it much better than A Nightmare Before Christmas, but in all honesty I've only seen ANBC once, a long time ago, and at a party, so I should probably give it another viewing.

Ok, enough justification.

We came home and shortly after, my sister and her husband turned up to give me my card, then my parents, my granny and my brother also turned up. I got cards from them all, a cheque from my granny (with strict instructions not to spend it on groceries, but on a proper present), a box of chocolates from my brother and a bottle of wine, some fancy biscuits and a birthday cake from my mum. I was informed that whenever I actually thought of anything I wanted, to tell her, and then I'd get my present.

Then my parents dropped us off at Pataka, our favourite Indian restaurant. It's tiny, and entirely decorated in Charles Rennie Mackintosh, which is just really odd, especially with the Indian music they play. The food, as ever, was gorgeous. I particularly recommend their lamb bhuna. Oh, so tender!

Then we just went home and I cracked open the fancy bottle of wine (fancy, to me, is any bottle over 5 quid). I mentioned that maybe I ought to save it for a special occasion, but Matt pointed out that turning quarter of a century is quite special.

And now I shall draw a veil over the proceedings of the rest of the night.

Thirdly, we now have two more confirmed-as-can-be people for the International MoH Sleepover. Nettie, Mort, Acci and Smerk come under that category, with Chary (depending on timing) and LaMa (depending on... stuff) still to confirm. It's all very exciting. Where does anyone want to go? The castle? A ghost tour? The zoo? Glasgow? Loch Ness is a sure thing, I think.

Fourthly, Yvette Fielding was on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' last night. As the 'Most Haunted' scaremonkey, she's lost a lot of respect from me. Anyway, they spent the entire show making jokes about ghosts and ouija boards and psychics, and my favourite statement came when they had the find-the-link (not actual name) round, and a link had to be found between some soul singer guy, and the lead singer from Korn. Mark Lamarr told them that the answer was that they'd both trained as morticians (or similar). He then came out with: "They've seen almost as many dead people as Yvette, although their dead people were real, and not just scams for the criminally gullible..."
I laughed for about 5 minutes.
Gosh, I managed to make that sound completely unfunny. Sorry about that.

Fifthly, being 25 seems to suit me. I got told I looked pretty four times (independant of each other) yesterday, by four different people, got chatted up on my way home, and wolf-whistled at by workmen. Maybe this year is my year!

9 Comments:

At 11:00 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday sweetie.
And that comment made me laugh anyway...

 
At 11:19 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

"...and this is Mort, reporting for MoH, at Loch Ness."

Works for me!

 
At 11:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or to really get people's attention:

". . .and this is Mort, reporting for MoH, in Loch Ness, in the Loch Ness Monster."

I've been to Edinburgh several times before and seen most of the really touristy things (I could draw you a map of the Castle after all the time I've spent there). So really, anywhere is fine with me for visiting. I'm going more for the company I'll be keeping than for the locale. It might be fun to go in and vandalise the City Arts Centre or something like that, though.

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I'm with Mort with his list. I love zoos and castles too!

 
At 4:03 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

* Wolf Whistles *

 
At 5:00 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

and LaMa (depending on... stuff)

It depends on whether my psychiatrists and probation officer deem me safe to get out of the governmental clinic again, after that little incident with the chainsaw a few years ago....

 
At 5:29 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

See, and Nettie was worried about me and an axe!

*shrugs theatrically*

 
At 12:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Zoo, Castles, Ghost tours and Loch Ness.

Grrr...May seems like ages away...

 
At 4:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Snowy. I'll stop doing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home