Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Bad Thing.

Now, I need you all to steady yourselves, perhaps sit down and put down any hot beverages you are holding.

Someone has destroyed the 'RECLAM THE STRETS' graffiti.

So it wasn't because senility was setting in that I didn't remember the last time I saw it.
(It was, on the other hand, remarkably unobservant considering I pass it (or it's ex-site now, I guess) an average of twice a day. In my defence, in the mornings I'm reading and in the evenings it's dark.)

In homage to what was undoubtedly some damn fine graffiti, I'm considering making a t-shirt with its picture on.

Rock on, dude. We salute you.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On a related note, the BDP is skankier than ever, what with the incessant dripping of water. The Pigeons are active, in a subdued sort of way. I don't know whether it's the proximity of a human work site that's worrying them, or whether they get S.A.D., but it's slightly unnerving to hear the mournful cry of the Pigeon as you walk in the dark beneath the Bridge.

And (segueing like a mofo) I don't like walking home in the dark. Partially because it really hinders my reading (duh!) and partially because it's creepy.

9 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Boo, I feel you may have to deal with your grief and move on. It may not feel like it now, but there will be other graffiti. This part of your life is over now.

 
At 11:00 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I still have the 'Fistfull of arseholes' one...

 
At 5:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now we have a new mission while in Scotland: re-create the "Reclam the Strets" graffiti!

I'm sure that people wouldn't mind having it sprayed in 20-foot tall letters across the front of the Parliament Building, for example. . .

Oh, and Boo: take a whip with you when you're walking to and from work. That will give evil lurking creatures something to worry about.

 
At 12:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An era of reclamming the strets has passed...Maybe the strets did end up getting reclammed?

 
At 7:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta admit I hadn't realized the strets had been clammed in the first place in order to need reclamming

 
At 7:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, did I really just spell realised with a z, I've been in the US too long.

At least I still pronounce the letter properly (half the time)

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Congratualtions Snowy, you've finally realised the correct way to spell! Now go forth and influence others!

 
At 11:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha-ha!

Hopefully now that the "Strets" have been "Reclammed" "They" can start clamming all over the UK, trust me we need it...

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger RACL said...

Which accented friends are these may I ask? Hong Kong Hottie or my glorious poser-ish self?
Anyhow, A-Zee doesn't sound nearly as good as A-Zed, and "J-A-Zed-Zed" in the excellent song Jimmy Jazz is loads better.
Fistfull of arseholes...? Coldplay, p'raps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home