Thursday, November 16, 2006

El Scratcho.

We love Hastings very much. She's my little darling, and so cute and friendly.

However, she appears to have started filing her claws into sharp points, which is causing a little in the way of, well, bleeding for us fragile humans.

This is what she did to Matt's elbow last night.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We both have all sorts of weals and scratches all over our arms - she doesn't pay attention to balancing, so when she starts to topple off, she just digs her claws in - and, since she likes to go down my jumper, I've today discovered some serious scratches across my cleavage.

So what do we do? I feel highly uncomfortable clipping her claws, especially since she's so hyper and wriggly. I don't want to accidentally take off one of her toes or anything. I suggested lining her exercise ball with emery paper, but Matt just looked at me oddly.

Any useful suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Next time on the blog: talk about my birthday!

6 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

You had a birthday? Again?

This is beginning to be an annual event for you, isn't it?

 
At 11:24 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Happy birthday boo :)

and they look like they hurt! my dogs nails file down quite a bit when they walk on the pavement. maybe thats the same for smaller creatures?

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

sure, blame the scratches in your cleavage on Hastings...

 
At 12:56 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Yep, my dogs are the same Thunder. Maybe you should give the lrash another go?

 
At 4:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the sandpaper was a good idea...

 
At 7:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you just use a nail file on her claws to blunt them? Or perhaps you could knit her some really tiny little mittens. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home