Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's all about the horror (in one way or another).

So it's still a month until Halloween (nearly), but of course all the shops have their Halloween stock out (as well as the Christmas stuff, but that's a whole different issue). I love Halloween stuff. Bats! Rats! Skulls! etc!

So we went out to ASDA the other day so that I could get hyper in the Halloween aisle. Matt just sort of went to his happy place whilst I tried to persuade him to let me buy giant plastic skulls and such. I did get... quite a lot of stuff - one of the good things about ASDA is that it's cheap. So I got some plastic jewellery with bats and spiders on, and yet more of the fake spider webbing (of which we have about 9 tonnes from last year) and a large rubber skull that looks like it's from an orc, and another decal to go on our living room door (the last one's still there from two years ago) and a bat costume containing bat ears and wings, and a plastic skellington...

*deep breath*

Sorry. I went a little strang(er), there.

Oh, and when I checked the bag that has the stuff from last year, I found Blood Gnome! And Dead End! It finally occurred to me that the last time we saw them was last Halloween, when we had a thing up at Mouse's flat. I must have just bundled them into the bag and forgotten about it. Sorry that you guys who came to visit missed out on Blood Gnome.

We also bought Hastings a toy - an oddly proportioned (its head is giant) black rubber rat. She promptly bit its whiskers off and chewed the tail. We had to go into her cage and remove all the little bits of rubber. At least she didn't eat it.

Trouble is, Hastings has hit adolescence. She's grumpy and clumsy and even more hyper than she used to be. We're lucky, though. Male rats start humping people and nipping when they get to that age (*cough*Jonas*cough*).

It's quite funny, actually. She has such a little ratty attitude. We suspect that as soon as we go to bed, she's on her mobile, going "God, my parents are so lame! You will, like, never guess what they did today. They're, like, soooo embarrassing!"

Soon we'll be telling her that whilst she's living under our roof, she'll abide by our rules.
It's a slippery slope, my friends.

8 Comments:

At 11:44 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Halloween isn't really a huge thing here so we don't have much merchandise around as yet, although I got very excited when the Christmas stock arrived! I'm much like you when it comes to my favourite time of the year - buying everything in sight so I can decorate the crap out of my house!

 
At 4:31 pm, Blogger Amy said...

I love ASDA for their halloween stuff :) It's where I got all my stuff last year too.

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Ditto with the going a bit mental in Asda's Halloween aisle...
The thing is, now is the time when I can get clothes, jewellery, decorations and the like to do me for a whole year.

 
At 12:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love halloween theres all sorts of great stuff to do and we get candy and stuff in school. It sucks that its on a week night this year.

Did you buy your rat or find her?

 
At 12:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck all that thing with the letters took me for ever to work out!

 
At 5:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so you invited me over at Moh, but I can't find what you want to be called, here. What's your moniker, hon?

 
At 4:44 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

We bought her. She was the only one left at the pet shop. I was won over instantly.
;-)

Hieronymous or Boo works.

 
At 3:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her name is legion: Boo, Hieronymus, Grand Webmistress, The Girl With the Whip, Booberry (which I saw today in the grocery store, incidentally), That Strange Random Person, Boo-Babe. . .if you feel particularly daring, you can even try out "Cutie Pie". . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home