Sunday, September 10, 2006

Seven-tentacled list.

1. You bloody Australians have made me have to go out and buy vegemite - I got used to having one slice of toast with vegemite and one with marmite.

2. We went to see Beergut 100 at the festival. Bill Bailey and co. were good as ever, and me and Rowenna made it down to the front, at which point this guy came up to us and said something along the lines of 'You're at the front. You should be dancing more.' We were pretty bemused by this, and asked him what it had to do with him. He said 'I'm from Glasgow, and we know how to party there.'
I said 'We're from Edinburgh, and we're not interfering arseholes here. Off you go.' and shoved him. It was funny. We also managed to get Rich Hall's autograph.

3. I had my leaving do on Friday. I was sad to go, but I was thrilled that so many of my friends turned up for it. My boss said that that was the most the front-of-house staff had ever been involved when someone left. It was a great night, we got taken out for an Italian meal by Colin (Thanks again, Colin...), then I came home and went to sleep on the sofa. Good times, good times.

4. Saturday was a great day. For a leaving gift, I was given £100 in vouchers from my friends. As you know, I've never been anywhere even passing rich, so to have that money was amazing. So please excuse me if I sound materialistic. I went to the shops, and came out an hour later with 5 books, a Johnny Cash CD, 4 DVDs, a beautiful fuzzy stripy jumper and some jewellery. We went for lunch, too, and on to the museum.

5. We then went up to Mouse's house for movie night. We watched Faster Pussycat... Kill! Kill! and Wolf Creek, two of the DVDs I'd got. That has given us some excellent quotes. From Faster Pussycat..., we have:
"You're all bagged out on sauce." to describe drunkenness.
From Wolf Creek, we got (in a cheerful Aussie accent):
"Would you like me to cut yer tits off?"

6. We got home, curled up on the sofa and watched Jack Dee and listened to Equal Rites audio until I started getting migraine visuals and we went to bed.

7. I have my interview tomorrow. I have to look respectable. Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

At 10:51 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Ooh, goodluck qith the interview chicky!

It sounds like you had a fun time at you going away bash. And nice score with the vouchers!

And ;-P for the vegemite addiction!

 
At 10:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hereby second what Nettie said!

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger LaMa said...

#2: ha ha ha! :-D You gave that guy something to think about..!

#7: I already did so, but again: good luck, will cross all my bodily appendages for you...and they would be stupid if they would not hire you.

 
At 8:08 pm, Blogger Amy said...

good luck! although you've already had the interview now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home