Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hello there!

Hi. Remember me?

Sorry, I’ve been a bit busy over the last few days, but I promise to try and not let this blog drop.
Hmmm. I have a bunch of stuff to say.

Lazy blogger bulletpoints!
  • This new side-job is terrifying, but fun, and I’m getting more used to it.

  • Someone set fire to the gorse on the side of Arthur’s Seat the other day. I was very unimpressed. I hate it when people do that (even though it doesn’t seem to have been deliberate, this time). There’s a huge blackened patch up near St. Anthony’s chapel. Matt and I were walking home on Monday, and could see the flames. It’s probably the largest fire I’ve seen on Arthur’s Seat.

  • Matt had a nice time on his birthday, and we’ve still got shedloads of lasagne left, if any of you want it…

  • It’s fully fledged festival time here in tourist-filled hell. Once more, you can’t move for people with maps, drama students and drunks. I hate the festival. I want to get a t-shirt made that says ‘No, I don’t want to see your sodding show!’ I can hear bagpipes constantly, and there's fireworks (just the noise, not the sparkle) every night. I wish I could hibernate. As it is, I'll just have to resort to being a grumpy ole bitch and channeling Bernard.

So, how are you? You're looking wonderful. Is that a new top you're wearing?

7 Comments:

At 3:50 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

No, it's the same top I was wearing when you first saw me. I'm a traditionalist.

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Not a new top, but I've got a different bra on.

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I love it that your fire brigade was using beaters to put out the fire! How cute!
Sorry, I don't mean to make fun, I suppose you guys wouldn't have enough bushfires to need a water bomber or the like. I just got a mental image of fire fighters here trying to put out a bushfire using a cloth wrapped stick...it's a humourous thought!
And I know it's a pain for you, but I'd love to be in Edinburgh for the festival. Actually, I'd love to be in Edinburgh full stop...
*sigh*
Once again, Happy Birthday to Matt!

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger Amy said...

I actually am wearing a new top :) from primark. One pound. Interesting.

 
At 6:40 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

nothing new here today either "topwise"...

*hugs* and hang in there.. things will surely get better with time.

 
At 2:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a spate of fires up here for a while. That was fun. It was usually some idiot going out on a windy, dry day to burn his trash, or somebody carelessly discarding a cigarette. Although there were a few cases of outright arson.

And aren't hordes of self-centered boorish tourists a ton of fun? Luckily we have only about another month of tourist season here. Then I can finally bring in the caltrops and put them away until next year.

And as for my top, well, I think you know the answer to that. . .

 
At 9:34 pm, Blogger NEO said...

Fire, I love it although if you play with it long enough you are bound to get burned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home