Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Marketing and the simple mind.

By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising...kill yourself.
Thank you. Just planting seeds, planting seeds is all I'm doing. No joke here, really. Seriously, kill yourself, you have no rationalisation for what you do, you are Satan's little helpers. Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now.
Now, back to the show. Seriously, I know the marketing people: "There's gonna be a joke comin' up." There's no ****in' joke. Suck a tail pipe, hang yourself...borrow a pistol from an NRA buddy, do something...rid the world of your evil ****in' presence.

Bill Hicks



Do you know what? No, I don't think I will.

I loathe people that assume that if you're in that line of business, you're the sort of person who's tricking and encouraging obese ten-year-olds to eat fast food.

Obviously, me working my ass off to get information out about such evilness as local-council-run exhibitions like Art Nouveau (the scandal! The stockings!), fairy tales (the violence!) and landscapes and portraiture from the early 20th century (the... ummm, paint!) is exactly the same as people who run scrolling adverts across the bottom of your precious TV shows, bribe children with crappy plastic toys to consume more and more junk food, or market any and all 'lifestyles' with an air of misogyny and body-hatred.

Clearly.

Not that I encourage suicide for them, either.

2 Comments:

At 7:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, it's no different really from people making blanket assumptions about politicians, or police, or lawyers, or any other group. And of course, there are usually enough people in each group who do match the stereotype that the stereotype is kept alive.

Luckily for all of us, you're one of the nonstereotypical loveable, cute, cuddly, randomly violent types of marketing people.

Oh no, I've written the "c" word! Excuse me now while I take on a fake identity, glue on a mustache, and move to Syria.

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

Don't die Boo... I would be sad

I agree with Ahmed... you are nonstereotypical (and all of the other gooey stuff too) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home