Tuesday, July 25, 2006

This isn't good.

Today I called in sick to work and went back to bed.

I felt like absolute shit this morning. But I went back to bed and only woke up at 6pm.

Now, of course, I feel all bleurgh and fuzzy of brain, although not in pain any more.

Also, though, I feel guilty.
Work is ludicrously busy right now, and it's all counting down to the end of the week. Now I've missed one day, which means that anybody who needed me to help them with something is out of luck. And, of course, every other day will have that much more work inherent in it.

Why must I get like this? When I take a day off legitimately ill, why can't I accept that yes, it may be bad timing, but there's nothing I can do about it? Why does my brain have to go on and on thinking about it? Why do I feel so much guilt that I physically become hot with the self-loathing?

Eeesh. I'm all exciting today, aren't I? Note to self: Don't post when you're like this.

5 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

*hugs Boo while wearing disease-resistant suit*
I know how you feel. I've probably got the lowest absence rate of everyone at my work, I've only had about 10 days off in the 6 1/2 years I've been there.

 
At 10:34 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Don't fret dear...if you are illl, you are ill.

 
At 11:31 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

*hugs*
Hope you feel better soon babe. I sympathise with you though. I had a day off two weeks ago, felt guilty enough but when they told me they didn't get any cover and were ludicrously busy, my guilt went into overload.
My Mum says it's something that you'll overcome as you get older so there's somethihng to look forward to :-)

 
At 12:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, who doesn't feel like that when they take a day off sick?

 
At 12:50 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

*pat pat*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home