Sunday, June 18, 2006

Gnome-on-a-stick, man! Gnome. On. A. Stick.

I am just back from the event I was assisting at. The outdoor event. Where it rained heavily. I don't want to talk about it.

Our gnome has gone missing. We had a little two inch gnome-on-a-stick (you pushed the stick into the soil to keep the gnome upright), which we'd put in the shelter of a sage bush, and we've noticed this week that it's missing. It's either those bastard kids, or we're going to start getting ransom notes or travel pictures.

Kind of out of context thing, but there was no context (for Matt) in the first place:

*Me sitting on the bus with Matt, silently staring out the window*
Me: "Why do all the burgers have eyes?"
*Matt looks blankly at me*
Me: "The burgers! Have eyes!"
*Matt gives me a yes-dear sort of look*

Finito.

4 Comments:

At 7:32 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I'm glad I didn't come down to Lauriston today - we went to see X-Men instead, and I'm sorry to hear about the gnome-napping. Kids are little buggers.

 
At 12:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Giggles at the thought of Matt's "Yes, dear" look*

It'd be pretty cool if you started getting travel pictures from the missing gnome.

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

So, are you sure the gnome only disappeared recently? I mean, maybe it went missing before, like sometime in May, and you just didn't notice...

Just kidding. I did think of stealing your gnome while I was there but then thought he might melt if I brought him over here.

 
At 7:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would it be against your local codes and regulations to hook up a garden gnome to a 20,000-volt power supply?

And the word verification program is being most rude today. You should wash its cybernetic virtual mouth out with virtual soap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home