Tuesday, June 13, 2006

When we were very young...

I've just realised I've been writing bollocks on this page for over a year now. I've whinged, whined, complained and moaned. I've put up pictures of Dead Pigeons, people, graffiti, shoes, buildings, furniture, gardens, donkeys and many more.
Well, Happy Birthday (for last Friday) to my blog. It's put up with a lot.

Now read something of literary merit.

The Feeling Of Power by Isaac Asimov.

The Nine Billion Names of God by Arthur C. Clarke.

Three Men In A Boat by Jerome K. Jerome.

5 Comments:

At 3:49 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Oddly enough I'd already read each of these stories years ago. We must think alike.


I'm scared now.

 
At 8:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three Men In A Boat is ace. Also ace is a modern rendition by a guy called Mark Wallington called Boogie Up The River, where he recreates the journey with his pet dog Boogie. Also by this author (And very funny, generally ace for travel book lovers) is 500 Mile Walkies which I read years ago but just had to buy. Same guy, same dog, 500 mile walk around Devon, Dorset and Cornwall coast. Just searched him and apparently he's written loads more so i'm off to buy some books!

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Happy Birthday blog!

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Mort, have you tried any of Peter Moore's travel books? I've just finished reading 'The Wrong Way Home', where he's travelling from London to Sydney without going by plane. I really like his writing style, so I'm going to look out for more of his books. I think I might have 500 Mile Walkies lying about somewhere, but I've never read it - I'll have to go and hunt for it.

 
At 6:20 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Yay for one year of Hieronymus!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home