Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My brain, it is sticky.

Death - Emily Dickenson

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.
We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My labor, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school, where children strove
At recess, in the ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

Or rather, be passed us;
The dews grew quivering and chill,
For only gossamer my gown,
My tippet only tulle.

We paused before house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries, and yet each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity.


Hours of entertainment if sung to the tune of I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.

Links!

Can you stay alive?

I've never even heard of most of these programmes, but I still liked the reviews.

Woogle. Difficult to describe, but it occupied me for a couple of minutes.

Awwww! My Little Tony!

Edinburgh. (Your milage may vary.)

Tramp camp, sans tramp.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some random things...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Graffiti!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(And this was the whole graffiti, by the way...)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BDP! Oh yes.

Now, as most of you know, the BDP was netted off beneath the girders, thus cruelly robbing the Pigeons of their chance of victory against the Seagulls. Well, two things.

1) NEW DEAD PIGEON!
This poor bugger somehow managed to get between the netting and the girders and apparently starved to death. It's now lying on the netting, and I'm being pretty damned careful not to walk beneath it, especially when it starts to moulder.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2) The Seagulls aren't looking quite so cocky, now that their warehouse (see here, here and here) is being knocked down.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And Finally...

...and just briefly... I have a little statcounter gizmo thing which gives me... well, stats on who's been visiting my page. You know, what country they're from and so on. I've been noticing a fairly large number of repeat visitors that are coming from places where I don't actually know anybody.

So, to my mysterious anonymous lurkers... Hello!
That is all.

4 Comments:

At 11:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wear r teh jugz, dudez????????

 
At 1:28 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Try typing in Hippo Eats Dwarf into Woogle. I found that rather amusing. But then again, I am easily amused!

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Oh and I didn't live...doh!

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

"Congratulations! According to one theory of personal identity, you have survived!

You chose:
Round 1: It's the spaceship for me!
Round 2: Let the virus do its worst!
Round 3: Let my body die!

9704 out of 58829 people chose the same path through the scenarios as you."

I also liked My Litle Tony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home