Friday, April 14, 2006

Now That's What I Call Rambling...

Poetry

Smut

by Tom Lehrer

All books can be indecent books
Though recent books are bolder;
For filth, I'm glad to say, is in
The mind of the beholder.
When correctly viewed
Everything is lewd.
I could tell you things about Peter Pan
And the Wizard of Oz, there's a dirty old man.


To a Small Boy Standing on my Shoes While I am Wearing Them

by Ogden Nash

Let’s straighten this out, my little man,
And reach an agreement if we can.
I entered your door as an honored guest.
My shoes are shined and my trousers are pressed,
And I won’t stretch out and read you the funnies
And I won’t pretend that we’re Easter bunnies.
If you must get somebody down on the floor,
What in the hell are your parents for?
I do not like the things that you say
And I hate the games that you want to play.
No matter how frightfully hard you try,
We’ve little in common, you and I.
The interest I take in my neighbor’s nursery
Would have to grow, to be even cursory,
And I would that performing sons and nephews
Were carted away with the daily refuse,
And I hold that frolicsome daughters and nieces
Are ample excuse for breaking leases.
You may take a sock at your daddy’s tummy
Or climb all over your doting mummy,
But keep your attentions to me in check,
Or, sonny boy, I will wring your neck.
A happier man today I’d be
Had someone wrung it ahead of me.

Now, I am supposed to be an artist... at least I think so...

So I really have no excuse for the following images I made excepting, perhaps, a weak "Collage isn't my forte." That and it was my way of occupying myself between small children asking me inane questions during my workshops.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Back Dormitory Boys

The Back Dormitory Boys are Wei Wei and Huang Yi Xin, and they are university students at Guangzhou Arts Institute. Their roommate Xiao Jing is, in most of their videos, playing Counter Strike in the background, adding a rather surreal twist to them, in my opinion.

Their spoof music videos have been selected by Motorola China to promote mobile phones.

I thought I saw them in a Feeder video recently, provoking all this research, but it doesn't seem to have been them after all. Mouse? Did you get a chance to check yet?

Their (English) blog.

An article.

One of their videos (although you can see more on their blog).

They make me laugh, anyway.

Ummm, my weekend went well. Had a good Easter Day with lots of crying with laughter along with my siblings, then went clubbing that night, and took a CD of Laugh Like Pa along to the club (DKY), and our good friend Gareth played them for us. Only six of us were dancing (Me, Matt, Rowenna, Chris, and a friend of ours and his girlfriend), but one of our friends went up to ask Gareth what it was he was playing, and another friend said that she hadn't realised it was a local band - she'd thought it was by a 'proper' band, and it was just a song she hadn't heard yet. So that's pretty good for their first playing in a club.

Anyway, I hope you all had a good Easter (or whatever), and I'll be back soon.

Hugs and kisses,
Me.

PS That's all the stuff from the last eight days crammed into one. I can't remember the last time I left this for eight days. Having said that, it was probably really recently, but my brain has run out. Where's my recharger?

PS(2) Ok, I'll stop.

PS(3) I didn't mean PS2 as in the games console.

PS(4) Ok, shut up now. Done? Yes? Good.

7 Comments:

At 7:29 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

And nary a word of your conversations with Nettie or I.

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

I want a purple castle too!!!

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I checked the list at the end of the video, and those names don't appear.

 
At 12:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...the majority of your collage is very un-boolike...except for the one with the birds.

 
At 3:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very artistic! It all speaks to that transcending inner pathos common to all of humanity. Especially the giant mutant rampaging birdies. They roc, so to speak.

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

I agree with Smerk. Too Girlie-girlie, except for the one with the penquin. And on that one the boot also gave me Monty Python associations.
Sprinkling a few blood-splashes on them here and there would have made more your usual like.

 
At 12:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh those pictures
How could you draw such things.

1. A vicious looking mutant alien with it's racous scream of 'Tree'

2. Giants birds assaulting a city with the aid of huge boot creatures.

3. A funny looking square creature with long arms ending in triangles and looking shocked at coming under attack from throwing stars.

4. A fleet of spacecraft disguised as butterflies dropping huge bombs on the forest below.

5. The long survivor of a family of butterflies watches from a place of relative safety, wondering whether or not the vicious boot monster has seen it or not.

6. A large limosine with the stars for headlights and the torso and arms of a woman protruding from the boot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home