Thursday, April 06, 2006

Death of the BDP.

*Dons a black cap*

Ladies and gentlemen, it has come to my attention that never again shall there be Pigeon corpses liberally strewed beneath the Bridge. Never again shall I have to raise my umbrella to avoid being spattered with avian poo.

Possibly because of the threat of bird flu, possibly just because the local authorities do not have the same appreciation of Dead Pigeons as I do...

...there is now a fine netting strung below the metal girders. The Pigeons have no roosts. All is calm, all is clean, all is over.

I'm a little thrown, to be honest. I mean, that was originally the point of this blog. Admittedly, the blog's been a little wandering, and there hadn't been a whole lot of Dead Pigeons recently, but the option (and opportunity) was always there.
Maybe the end of the BDP should spell the end of the blog too... I don't know. It's just weird.

*lone bugle plays mournfully*

7 Comments:

At 10:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is it, ladies and gentlemen, and all the rest of you as well! This is the Moment of Truth! Let "Operation Fowl Play" commence! We're counting on each and every one of your to contribute as many dead birds as you possibly can, so that we may strew them beneath the BDP in mid-May. Deceased squirrels, possums, and weasels will also be gladly accepted. Edinburgh is counting on us! Do your part to support filth and decay today!

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Aw, sorry to hear that Boo, I know you loved those dead pigeons!

But I don't think you should stop your blog. It's grown over the last year and I enjoy reading all your funny and insightful entries.

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

I enjoy reading your blog, as well.

 
At 2:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

even I enjoy the odd rants and keen insights you post here... the asides from the BDP... (which I just discovered by reading your archives... wow... graphic - yet interesting)

Interesting thought... start hanging deceased animals from the netting...lolol

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

time to form the Edinburgh Society for the Preservation of the Bridge of Dead Pigeons:

ESPBDP

 
At 10:49 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

No, you have to keep the blog going - sometimes it's the only way for me to know what you're up to!

 
At 12:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooooo!!!

What are we going to do in May? The tour of the BDP will be pointless.

And don't stop blogging, Boo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home