Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Aspects of my Edinburgh

My Edinburgh may be a little different from other people's Edinburgh...

About two or three years ago, a fire started on the Cowgate. It gutted the buildings, and left behind just walls. It's been vacant and uncared for ever since.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Does it count as graffiti if you write it on a bit of paper and then stick it on something?
Image hosting by Photobucket

This is a key hanger thingy with a mounted Westie head on it.
I... don't know what to say.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I thought the different types of light were pretty.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Burning question of our time...
Image hosting by Photobucket

Nice framing, but hurried.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I love this building.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Looking up at the crane gives me vertigo.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Choo choo is... come on! Don't leave me hanging!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Now these are sown, if anyone attacks the Scottish Parliament, they shall be driven off by skeletal warriors.
Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Ooh, the building with the rounded corners is so cool looking. I would love to live there.

The concrete barriers just look silly. I like the skeletal warriors connection though.

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I believe the building is a language school, sadly. Mind you, that doesn't stop me wanting to live there.

 
At 9:34 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I love looking down at the Cowgate site from the bus, and that mounted Westie is just plain wrong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home