Thursday, March 02, 2006

Things I saw (on my way home from work)

*The shop in the gallery over the road
*A man in a woolly hat with a bobble on, and a rather nifty suit
*A flock of Pigeons
*A really, really tall crane (not the bird kind, the building kind)
*Some of the stickers you get given to prove you've paid to see Hans
*The most expensive interior design shop in the world
*Some plums
*Crocuses and little mini daffodils
*A woman with that curious make-up of very dark fake tan with frosted lipstick

Now, boys and girls, it's link time! (Yay!)

AOL Translator.

Troll Turds.

Sisterhood through stickers.

Huzzah! Invertebrates! (Check out his poetry page. I quite like it.)

This was not what I was hoping for when I googled jam poetry. Oh well.

Also, today is World Book Day, so why not curl up with a book, caress it, and tell it you love it, eh?

Ok, ok... I'll stop typing now.
Over and out!

4 Comments:

At 12:33 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

The sisterhood through stickers thing was just a little too feminist for me. I'm surprised there wasn't a sticker saying 'Be a woman, burn your bra'.

I also liked the mozzie poem. Accursed mozzies love eating me! Damn them.

And I agree with Mort on the ladies who are Mutton dressed as lambs. It's really sad to see women clinging so unsuccessfully to their youth.

 
At 12:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...better use chicken eggs for those troll turds...I'm not too keen on being harvested for my eggs...;-)

 
At 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dark fake tan/frosted makeup look is rather strange, isn't it? I've always found it more alarming than alluring. Of course, that's how I feel about many various makeup styles. It's a difficult thing, being a person of taste in a world of the aesthetically disinclined. Oh well. I'll just start pointing and laughing at women like that, and make them feel better about themselves.

Hurrah for invertebrate poetry! The world needs more iambic pentameter in relation to our spineless kin!

Oh, and just to be utterly pedantic and all that (as befits something concerning Boo): it's "over or out", not "over and out". ;-)

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear.

Now I know.
Learning is always good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home