Monday, March 06, 2006

Dream weaving...

Dreams I have had (oh, the excitement!) recently:

*We were on a bus, Matt and I, and I was trying to find the correct change for our fares (which was £1.77 for some reason). Matt had gone to sit down, and was either asleep or pretending to be, and I couldn't sort out my change.

The bus started off, so I fell over, and I was desperately trying to wake Matt to come and help me. In front of each seat was a coin slot for the air conditioning, which cost 20p, and beside each window seat was a coin slot for 'A Free Grope', which cost £1.30. What the hell?

Anyway, Matt woke up, and I was sharing Opal Fruits with him. I got the red and purple ones, he got the orange and green ones, and then I came across one I thought must be peach or apricot. Nope. There on the wrapper was a picture of a wedge of cheese.

Cheese flavoured Opal Fruits.

There is something inherently wrong with my brain.

*Coming in as one of the top ten of 'incredibly pointless dreams I have had', I had a dream about an argument about a Robert Jordan book. Someone was holding out one of his books, and quite aggressively announcing I hadn't read it. I was all "No, I could swear I have. Can I see the back cover? I'm sure I've read it..."Matt was there, and quite nicely agreeing with the other person ("Darling, I don't think you have read it, you know...") and I was getting more and more annoyed, and this other person was being more and more of an asshat...

See? Pointless!

Oooh, unless the faceless, anonymous person is my psyche or guilt or something... taunting me for never having read a Robert Jordan. Matt would have been the voice of truth and reason, and I'd be my own reactionary self. Ooooh.

*Odd dream I had last night about being the principal boy in my work's (in reality, entirely non-existent) pantomime. Wandering around the building in pants and a man's shirt, seeing my co-workers in their underwear, finding a whole load of kids playing with a tiny toy railway, and meeting some guy who loved me 'as his mother did', despite the fact his mother was a bee.

D'you think I need therapy?

4 Comments:

At 1:37 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

You don't need therapy love. Dreams aren't supposed to make sense.
I once had a dream about being in the toilets at my old primary school. The next day I said to my sister Barb that I'd had a weird dream. She said "Me too, for some reason I was in the toilets at our primary school".
Now THAT'S odd!

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Remind me to tell you about my Hitler dream sometime.

 
At 8:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are completely loopy, you know...

 
At 6:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the earliest dreams I remember having was from when I was about 6 or so, and I was being chased by a giant two-legged slice of zweiback through an underground maze full of night-vision goggles. So don't worry, Boo, you're not alone in your loopiness. Although I'll still nominate you for Queen of the Loopy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home