Sunday, March 26, 2006

May

Apologies to those who aren't visiting in May...

I am so incredibly excited about the invasion of foreigners in May. I'm also tense-muscled, inadvertant-shaking, mind-freezingly terrified.

We were in Edinburgh Bargain Stores (purveyors of cheap items) yesterday, and I had a panic attack in the crockery aisle. I was looking at cheap glasses and plates, considering what we needed for the visit, and then my mind started running through all the things I have to do before May, and the terror kicked in, and I ended up having a full-blown panic attack, complete with hyperventilation and being on the verge of crying.

God, I suck.

12 Comments:

At 8:42 pm, Blogger Amy said...

aww, at least you don't have to cope with me and my allergies :-) (not that I have any)

seriously though, you have to look after yourself, you will need to be in peak physical fitness when the rabble arrives. Feel better okay?

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

There's no much I can say, except for - CALM DOWN WOMAN!
If we discover when we arrive that you don't have enough plates or spoons, we can go buy some. It's not going to be a disaster.

And I am so terribly excited too! Yay for May!

 
At 12:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Offers Boo a paper bag and a glass of water*

It won't be that bad! At least we're not all staying at your place. Then you'd be justified in panicking.

 
At 7:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boobabes
since I'm knot coming
there's really no reason to panic.

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Hm, probably shouldn't tell her we moved it up a month so she wouldn't have time to panic.

 
At 12:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Boo: before you know it, the whole thing will be over with and you will be sitting around wishing that you still had it all to look forward to! And then you can start planning your invasion of the USA. . .

 
At 12:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Aus... :P

 
At 11:57 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Yep, I believe us Aussies got first dibs on that one Acci. You guys are coming to visit us next!

 
At 2:55 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

It better be a couple of years then, so I can let the resources regenerate.

 
At 4:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you do

 
At 8:10 pm, Blogger Amy said...

huzzah! I can come next time, although seeing as I am not on as much anymore maybe I won't be welcome...
(fishing for sympathy)

 
At 3:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe for the next gathering, we can split the difference between Australia and Texas and all meet in Hawaii.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home