Thursday, April 06, 2006

Monsters

Having had a think about it, I'm going to keep this thing going for as long as I enjoy it.

As for today:

Firstly, I apologise for the melodramatic sound of yesterday's post.

It wasn't supposed to be a (hideous, emo-kid, LJ crap) rallying cry for you all to tell me how I should keep on blogging. It was merely that, for the first time, I have to admit that the blog is about me and my experiences, thoughts and opinions, rather than a diary of happenings under the Bridge (with asides). I've not got the option of hiding behind that any more, and it's scary.

Since you're all bright people, you'll have worked that out already, but you know me - it takes me a while to catch up.

So, in order to scupper your (frankly, rather odd) expectations of me (funny and insightful entries? keen insights? What are you guys smoking?), here's a list of what was in my bag when I cleaned it out yesterday evening.

In order of extraction:

About 47 receipts
3 books
Sketchpad
Pirate gloves
Double-headed teddy bear
Newspaper
Work badge
Purse
Broken MP3 player clip
2 packets of painkillers
Lipstick
MP3 player
Camera
Bit of paper with a friend's email address scrawled on it
2 sets of keys
Eyeliner
Keyring of a 'guardian angel' (broken off one of my keys)
Lip gloss
Concealer
Pair of hair clips
Screw
Lighter
Pirate tin
3 hairbands
2 pens
Pencil
6p in pennies
Chewing gum


ETA: From Nettie and LaMa's comments, I feel I should post this picture.

No, it's not what one would call a handbag.
Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

At 12:53 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yep, the bigger the handbag, the more crap we women stuff in them.

 
At 2:04 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Handbag? You sure it wasn't a shopping bag?

 
At 3:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowzers!!! all that in there!!

 
At 7:39 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

The bag I'm currently using is my Star Wars backpack with Darth Maul on it. I'm so cool...

 
At 4:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...my bag contents is never that interesting....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home