Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cooking with Hieronymus.

First, wash and peel your Hieronymus...

No, wait. Start over.

Ok, I have a quick and yummy recipe for you, my faithful readers. Imagine it as a gift. A gift of food. Not actual food, though, so more a gift of knowledge.

This serves two.

Ingredients

Two chicken breasts
5 rashers of smoked bacon
1 red onion
1-2 leeks (depending on the size of 'em)
100g of garlic and herb cream cheese.

Preparation

Dice the chicken into approximately 1cm squares.
Cut the bacon into strips approximately 1cm across and 5cm long.
Chop the leek and onion to whatever size pleases you.

Gently fry the chicken until it starts to turn golden, then add the bacon, leek and onion.
Once they're cooked through, add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
Serve with potatoes.

It's very, very tasty.

8 Comments:

At 10:28 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

That-sounds-DELICIOUS!!!!

Marry me!

(uuh, okay: we've been there before, forgot, oops!).

Peeling a Hieronimus sounds yummy too...

 
At 10:47 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I may have to try that, although then you might not cook it for me like you said you would...

 
At 10:48 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

I can hardly wait to taste your cooking, love. :-)

 
At 12:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think you'll have to do that one for us... :)

 
At 8:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo. . .food. . .mmmmm!

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Ok, going against the flow here but ewwwww! Chicken and bacon do not go together at all. You do not mix species!

Now I'll just find a place to hide before I get stuff thrown at me.

 
At 6:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken and bacon do work together trust me on this :)

 
At 4:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nettie, you're mad! I absolutely love chicken and bacon burgers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home