Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Humiliation.

I said I was going to see Kitty Flanagan.

Well, I did, and she was very good. After the show, I went up to her and asked her for her autograph. I apologised for only having a ripped out sheet from a programme to have her sign, and whilst we were chatting I fished in my bag and brought out what I thought was my foldable pen. She looked at it, and said "What should I sign it with? That lighter? I could set fire to it, if you want..."

At which point I realised that it wasn't my pen I had grabbed from my bag.
*faceplant*

So I rummaged in my bag, found my pen, and flipped it open. She then went "What's that? A razor?"

I'm so embarrassing.

But. I just read this and this

Huh.


Seems I'm not alone.

7 Comments:

At 9:51 am, Blogger Nettie said...

At least in the end you got her autograph! That makes it all worth it!

 
At 6:03 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

dang it woman... I sent you a pen!
:P

 
At 8:03 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Joe, I wouldn't carry the glass pen around in my bag - I don't want to break it.
:-)

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

It's okay Joe, she doesn't carry the cornbread mix I sent her, either.

 
At 7:37 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

I know Boo...

I was making light of the situation...

Cornbread Chary?
*shrugs*

 
At 8:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand why you'd have a lighter in your bag...but why on earth are you carrying round a razor?

Ooh, and word verification is "ssmog"

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't actually a razor, Smerk, but the pen does look somewhat like one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home