Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Nerdiness , BTVS style...

Point one. I am a nerd. We're all clear on that, right? So it won't surprise you that some of the time when I'm wandering about making tea or whatever, I sing the songs from the Buffy episode 'Once More With Feeling'.

There's a bit in the song that Spike sings where it goes:

I know I should go
But I follow you like a man possessed
There's a traitor here beneath my breast
And it hurts me more than you've ever guessed
If my heart could beat, it would break my chest
but I can see you're unimpressed


Now, I once made the mistake of telling Matt that, due to James Marster's accent, I always expected that first line to go:
I know I should go
But I follow you like a mountain goat


So now I'll be happily pottering around singing to myself and Matt'll stick his head round the door and sing:
I know I should go
But I follow you like a mountain goat
There's a traitor here beneath my boat
And it hurts me more than a rabid stoat
If my heart could beat, it would wear a coat
but I can see you've got a float...

...or words to that effect.
Bastard.

7 Comments:

At 5:23 pm, Blogger SatTrackCam Leiden said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:25 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

I would classify you as a Geek rather than a Nerd, my love...

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Aww, his version is better :D

 
At 11:12 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Aaaaaah! There's TWO of you in this world! I can't believe it! Barb loves that stupid Buffy episode so much, she has the soundtrack playing in her car. I cringe everytime I hear it. I haven't actually seen the episode, I'm not a Buffy fan, but after having to listen to all those damn songs a billion times, I don't think I want to!

 
At 11:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh, I wasn't that big a fan of the musical episode. But I do like Matt's version!

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I have the soundtrack album too, I love it!

 
At 10:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY, I love it so much it drives Nettie absolutely bonkers, i'm a James Marsters fan and cant wait to get his albums when nettie buys them for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home