Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's quiet. Too quiet.

Well, Matt started work yesterday, so at the moment I'm all alone in the house. It's weird. Over the time we've been together, there's times when we've both been unemployed, when one of us was studying, when I've been working and Matt hasn't, but never when he has and I haven't.

It's lonely here. I may be somewhat overcompensating on cooking and tidying. Especially the cooking. Matt went off to work with a lunch of roast chicken, cheese, tomato, rocket, spinach and watercress on a crusty pesto roll, two minted lamb kebabs, and a chocolate muffin. Dinner tonight I've planned pan-fried salmon in garlic butter, and leek and stilton mashed potatoes.

I feel like I'm not contributing to the household in any financial way, so it's only fair that I take care of stuff like that.

Oh well. I should find out this week if I got that job and, if not, I'm going to be talking to the recruiting agency that got Matt his job. In the meantime... well, I want to set myself up a website for my drawings. It's ridiculous that I don't have one. I should probably do some more work on my cafepress. And, of course, MoH.

4 Comments:

At 5:04 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

You should definitely add more to your Cafepress site. And tell us the link, because I forgot what it was.

You should also set up an art site on something like Deviant Art or one of the other myriad art sites.

 
At 6:24 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Yeah Deviant Art is a pretty good site! And experimenting with cooking isnt too bad, maybe your next career will be as a chef! (It's rather hot in those kitchens though, I don't like em)

 
At 12:53 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

You'll get the job love, they'd be crazy not to hire you :)

 
At 4:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're overcompensating by cooking and baking and such, perhaps you could send some of that yummy overcompensation my way? Although I'm not sure how long kebabs will last in transit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home