Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wow. Howdy!

I have been dressing like a child.

An odd, odd child.

I've been wearing my hair in plaits, and dressing in a swingy skirt, over-the-knee stripy black, white, grey and silver socks, a black v-neck under a little black cardigan, and my very much-beloved mary janes. (I have the dark cherry shiny ones.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've also been wearing my new plastic sushi necklace from Girl Props. I know. A plastic sushi necklace. Shaddup.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ummm, other than the personal aesthetics, I've been concentrating a lot (no, not in the way of that famous blonde joke: "Why did the blonde stare at the orange juice?") on my drawings. I did the Teeny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's pretty much the actual size of it. Someone, mentioning no names, suggested I should do the same but on a larger scale. So I'm doing one that's A4, but with the same level of detail. I have spent a lot of the past few days with my eyes about four inches away from the page, making sure I don't fuck it up. It gets to the stage where Matt says something to me, and I don't realise until two minutes later that he's said anything. He had to take the sketchbook away from me the other night because it got to the point where I couldn't unbend my hand, but if I put the book down it just called to me, and I'd think "I could just do a little more..."

I think I've spent about eight hours on it, so far, and I'm nowhere near even halfway through.

My eyes hurt.

7 Comments:

At 11:31 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

It's sounds nice, what you've been wearing. I bet you look very cu...ummm, nice (Phew, that was close!)

And your drawing lookls great, although I think it would look great on a billboard size peice of paper ;-D

 
At 11:45 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Aww, it'll look amazing when your done though :)

Why DID the blonde stare at orange juice?

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger Charybdis said...

Because it said 'Concentrate'.

 
At 2:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those shoes certainly are. . .well, they're certainly shoes. Maybe I need some with thick, thick soles like that, so I can hit my head on streetlamps.

And that drawing of yours reminds me of the little paper-cutout pictures I used to do. I agree with Nettie, you need to do a wall mural like that. Perhaps the Queen will commission you to paint the walls of Edinburgh Castle in a nice pattern of that type!

 
At 7:21 am, Blogger LaMa said...

Love the drawing!

But those shoes....can you really walk on them?!???

 
At 11:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice drawing. But then, I like all your drawings. :)

 
At 10:10 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Have your eyes melted yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home