Monday, October 23, 2006

Just another diamond day, just a plate of crabs...

1) So, we were passed on a little harness and lead for Hastings recently. I had nice little ideas for being able to take her out for a pootle around the garden. Ummm... no go.
It took us half an hour to get her into the harness. She'd either retreat her head out of the neck hole, or she'd manage to get her paws through and end up wearing it like a tutu.
When Colin eventually managed to get it on her, she had a complete panic attack, desperately clawing at it and wriggling. So I got it off her as quickly as I could, at which point she ran and huddled at my neck quietly for quite some time. So no harness for her.
We've passed it on to Mouse for Jonas but, at last report, it's not going too smoothly for them either.

2) I didn't get the job that I wanted. Off to the temp agency with me, then.

3) I put some of my stuff up on deviantART.

4) I'm looking forward to our Halloween movie night up at Mouse's flat on the 4th. We've been saving up some of the films that look most funny. Blind Terror; The Dead One; Silent Night, Bloody Night; Nightbreed and Suspiria.
I suppose there'll have to be a vote on which films to watch. We're inviting a few friends round (we're having it at hers because most people live far nearer her than me), there'll be what we call 'lazy costumes' (i.e. nobody should go to too much effort), there'll be decorations and Halloween themed food and drink (and receptacles - me and Mouse have quite a number of themed cups and plates around, surprise, surprise.) Should be fun.

5) What with the new nerd computer*, I still have some stuff to install, but I'll get some photos up soon.

*It's got lights in the side, it plays the Voyager theme tune on shut-down and (if I recall correctly) the Next Gen. theme on start-up. It also has an 'Activate' button rather than a 'Start' button, the hard drive is labelled 'The Collective', and I'm currently using 'MicroBorg Internet Exploder'. Yes, the friends who got it for me are nerds. Why do you ask? And yes, I do rather like it being like this.

5 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, Blogger Amy said...

*jealous of your computer even though i dont watch startrek (much)*

sounds awesomely cool :)

 
At 11:17 am, Blogger Nettie said...

:( I wish I could be there for your Halloween party...
*sigh*

 
At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D And here's me with my computer saying "That's just the start of it" and "Oh...so I'm dead, then" when it starts and closes. Of course mine will also go "Oook" and "I could murder a curry" every so often, too.

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

If using IE as a browser, it's nerd indeed. Geeks like me on the other hand, use FireFox or Opera, or a Mac with Safari... :-p

I don't meddle with windoze tweaks the startup and closing, as it is instable enough already by itself (maybe this makes me a semi-geek as REAL geeks use Linux...). Yet my Thunderbird e-mail client plays a variety of sounds/music themes when mail arrives, depending on the source.They are mostly snippets of Monty Python origin...for example, it plays a snippet from the SPAM-scetch when recognized Spam arrives: "I don't like Spam!", with background Viking choir "Spam spam spam spam spaaaaam!!!". Oh, and whenever mail arrives in my Yahoomail account for my dates, my Firefox browser erupts in Jane Birkin's and Serge Gainsbourgh's 'Je t'aime..." :-p

Sorry to hear about the job sollicitation * hugs *

 
At 2:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im not sure if your friends informed you of this before giving your computer but you are running something called Windows XP Borg Edition. It is an Illegal copy of windows if you care about that stuff ^^, but is far superior IMO. And v5 comes with lots of other "free" goodies.

-Asu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home