Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A mysterious mystery.

Today I found what looked like shed skin from a snake on the small stool by the computer. It's about an inch wide, and maybe an inch and a half long. Where did it come from?

We checked Jehovah, our dried rattlesnake, but the patterning does not seem to match up. (Sometimes I think he turns himself round, but that's a whole different story.)

So... what gives? Do we have a secret snakey houseguest?
I tried to get a photo of the skin, but my camera started playing up. Coincidence?
Ooooooooh...

6 Comments:

At 11:01 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Do any parts of Matt shed?

 
At 11:16 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I wouldn't be taking this so calmly...I'd panic if I found snake skin (however mysterious) in my house.

 
At 9:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. . .you always complain of being cold, Boo; perhaps you're really a cold-blooded snake and you just didn't realise it?

How many snakes do you see up there around Edinburgh, anyway? Aside from the two-legged kind, that is.

And Nettie, I shared a residence with a king cobra for a little while. It's a bit of a surprise coming face-to-face with a snake that's taller than you are. . .at least it kept other snakes away. Perhaps you should look into getting one for your yard, to keep the local sepents at bay?

 
At 11:37 am, Blogger LaMa said...

Now Mouse: which part would that have to be then...? :-p

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Amy said...

Maybe nessie follwed you home from your trip up there in may?

 
At 8:53 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Whichever part you think appropriate, Lama...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home