Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Excitability! For some reason!

Firstly! I received this in my email this morning, from my oldest* and best friend.
It's the only decent 'friendship' forward I've ever been sent.

Are you tired of all those sissy "friendship" poems?
Well, here is a series of promises that really speaks of true friendship:

1. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

2. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

3. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.

4. When you are confused - I will use little words.

5 When you are sick - Stay the hell away from me until you are well again.I don't want whatever you have.

6. When you fall - I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

7. When you smile - I will know you finally got laid.

8. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge againstthe sorry bastard who made you sad.

This is my oath...I pledge it till the end.

Then send this to 10 of your close friends

Remember: A good friend will help you move, but a really good friend will help you move a body.

Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel....

*I now am going to completely overexplain myself, and point out that I mean 'oldest' as in having been a friend for longest, and not 'oldest' as in she's a hundred and twelve. Man, I can't believe I edited for this. Remind me to tell you about my OCD sometime, 'k?

Secondly! I've never really been a 'gadget' sort of person. I like gadgets, sure, but I never owned them. Matt and I shared the same crappy mobile phone with the back taped on until it died. We recently, however, became a two-mobile couple. My cousin (you remember her, she said we were going to hell) has some sort of deal wherein she gets a new mobile every year, so she donated her old one to us. It has a camera in it. How very snazzy.

Anyway, what with the camera phone, the MP3 player, the digital camera and the computer and fancy scanner (last year's birthday present from the in-laws), I'm currently feeling suited, booted and gadgeted up. I love the MP3 player. I adore it. I've only got about 30 songs on it so far, but I don't care. It's dinky and fits in my hand, and I get to have music wherever I go, without having rings on my fingers and bells on my toes! (Other than the fact that I do have rings on my fingers. But that's beside the point.)
It's this one. Gosh. I've just seen that it says it's a radio too. I really should read the instructions.

Secondly and a half! Does anyone else do the very geeky thing of pretending the music in your earphones is your own personal soundtrack? Anyone? Especially Boulevard of Broken Dreams, which seems to lend itself nicely to walking home in the dark. And especially when I'm wearing my big swishy Scottish Widows type coat.

Thirdly! It turns out you have at least until Saturday to escape the inevitable onslaught of the Brit comedy thing, for that is when my sister is coming round to my house and we're properly having a go at it. Revel in the freedom!

4 Comments:

At 11:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes I have music going through my head that is appropriate to the situation. However, I'm not geared up for an MP3 player.

 
At 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firstly: Boo, you're silly. But we love you anyway. Or maybe because of that. I'm not sure.

Secondly: I haven't actually looked into the whole MP3 player technology yet. I've been thinking about eventually considering the notion of perhaps pondering the idea of looking into it, though. Do you have to download the music, or can you copy it from your own CD's?

Tertiarally: I'll sometimes choose a song or music to suit a task that I'm doing. For example, I've had the Mission: Impossible theme run through my head when I'm trying to cross Highway 13 on foot, or Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite when I'm outside wandering around while the sun rises, or CCR's "Run Through the Jungle" when I was, well, running through the jungle. It adds a bit more fun to things.

Quaternarally: Umm. . .well, that's all really.

 
At 11:20 am, Blogger Nettie said...

That poemy thing is rather good, isn't it?
I've never been a big music fan. I listen to it in my car (in which I have an mp3 player) but I don't listen to it at any other times.

 
At 4:06 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Accipiter, most players come with software to 'rip' CD's into mp3 or a similar format. There are plenty of free programs that will also do the same thing. If you're an audiophile you'll probably not be satisfied with anything other than the highest encoding rate, resulting in the largest file size, and even then you might not be satisfied. However, if you can stand CD's then you can probably stand mp3's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home