Monday, October 29, 2007

Spotless

My grandmothers are coming round tomorrow night. So the flat must be tidy.
We're a bit behind, mostly because I spent quite a bit of last night shelving books. We have the interesting conundrum of having both too many books for the number of bookcases, and too many bookcases for the space. I'm still well thrilled that we have a spare room, but I'm beginning to think we need another one.

Ach, it's not that untidy, really. We have great storage, so the boxes and bags we have yet to unpack are hidden away in wardrobes, and I'm gradually working my way through them.

Today's been tiring enough as it is. I was working from eight, and doing the jobs of two people. There were a few upsets which I shan't go into, but let's just say a couple of the kids got well out of hand.

However, the show must go on and, once we tidy, I'll snap some photographs for you guys. I think you'll like it. Shabby chic is the way forward.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:58 am, Blogger Tah said...

Once your visits are done make sure you pull those boxes back out of hiding. I'm not sure exactly which basic Law of Moving it is, but there's one that states that boxes stashed away to keep them out of sight (like for tidying purposes) also keeps them out of mind and they will not get unpacked.

So pull them out and keep them in sight. Even better if they're left in an inconvenient place. They'll get unpacked that much faster!

;-)

 
At 10:25 am, Blogger LaMa said...

Uhm yeah, Tah is right with his Law of Moving....1.5 years after I have moved, I have still two unpacked boxes in my small hallway...

I'm sure your grandparents won't mind a bit of stuff here and there, after all you barely finished moving!

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Yup, I third that law!

 
At 6:59 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

I found that stuff I thought I needed turned out to be unimportant when I left for the last time. So much so that in the past few days my ex toldf me to come look over the stuff she has left behind in HER move to an apartment in a different city from our former home...

I declined to come get anything

 

Post a Comment

<< Home