Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pasta sauce...

I'm doing well on the healthy eating plan. I've cut down on all the things that are bad for me. (Including things I love, like cheese and wine... *sobs*) It's really paying off, sizewise. I have no idea whether I've actually lost weight, since I don't weigh myself, but I don't care. I'm looking good, my mood is up, my energy levels are up, and my self-confidence is up.

And I'm finding it a really fun challenge to adapt recipes I had to be healthier.
Today, after going grocery shopping (Lidl on a Monday - fresh fruit and veg, and up to 70% reduced), I thought I'd make some nice fresh pasta sauce.

So I made this ridiculously simple recipe. It fed two of us, but we had it by itself, and Matt eats a lot, so it would probably do 3 or 4 if you had salad or some nice crusty bread by the side.

1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 large tomato, chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 green chilli, diced
1 small onion, diced
4 or 5 handfuls of spinach, shredded
50g feta cheese, cubed
100g chorizo, cubed

Simmer the tin of tomatoes, the chopped tomato (since the tinned tomatoes are quite liquidy, the other tomato is in for bulk) and the garlic for approximately five minutes.
Add the onion and the chilli, and simmer for another ten minutes, stirring on and off.
Add the spinach, feta and chorizo, simmer for five more minutes, then mix in the pasta.

It was very, very tasty.

And here's the first photo of me taken in years that I don't hate.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:05 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I'll have to try that recipe, and that is a good picture...
:-)

 
At 11:23 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Home made pasta sauce is so yummy! It gets a little tiresome though when you get roped into the annual sauce making day each year. It's hard work!

And it is a great photo love!

 
At 12:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Hot Scot!

There appears to be some sort of an odd silver growth on your nose, though. . .you might want to get that looked at.

 
At 9:58 am, Blogger LaMa said...

Sounds delicious, looks delicious

 
At 6:18 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

I still say you have a Mona Lisa Attitude in that photo...

*smootch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home