Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Water, water everywhere...

I was in Boots today looking for some Germolene to sooth my allergies. I haven't been doing wonderfully at remembering to wear my laptop gauntlets, so I'm practically ripping my wrists off with the scratching.

I was wandering around, waiting for the assistant to finish dealing with the one other customer who was there, and I picked up their "Hot Weather Cooling Spray". It's £3.89, and the front of the bottle boasts:
  • Instantly cools
  • CFC free and non-toxic
  • Safe to use on the skin
  • Does not discolour fabrics
  • Dermatologically tested and hypo-allergenic

Fair enough, thought I, and turned the bottle around to read the ingredients. Lo and behold, there was only one. Aqua.

I was chatting to the assistant, and I asked her if they were seriously selling a 125ml spray bottle of water for nearly four pounds. She tried to tell me that it was a novelty item, but at least she admitted it was ridiculously priced.

Shame on Boots!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6:50 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

I'd say they're all wet... ...

 
At 5:24 am, Blogger Tah said...

I really have nothing to say about this post. Amazing! (I'll let you decide if I'm making commentary on the situation at the store, or the situation of me not having anything to say.)

 
At 10:15 am, Blogger Smerk said...

I believe we can get Evian water in a lovely aluminium spray can for the same purpose...no idea what it costs, though.

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Considering it's Evian Smerk, you'd most likely need to take out a mortgage to afford it (I haven't actually seen that myself).

I think there was a thread on the forum a while back about the top ten stupidest products ever and most of them consisted of bottled water that had had something 'special' done to it (like classical music being played while it was being bottled) and then being sold for some ridiculous sum...

 
At 10:16 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I'm tempted to complain next time I'm in Boots...

 
At 7:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evian
is Naive backwards ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home