Sunday, April 29, 2007

Matt, me, and a restaurant review.

Sorry, it's been ages since my last post.

Yesterday was my and Matt's sixth wedding anniversary. It's really weird. I don't feel like it's been that long. It was a good day, and I am constantly amazed that I get to be married to this guy who I love, who's my best friend, and who's incredibly sexy.

So we went out for dinner after watching Doctor Who (and man, that was a good episode). We went to Barioja, which is a lovely tapas place just off the Royal Mile.

As usual when we go there, we ended up eating about my bodyweight. We ordered patatas bravas (fried potatoes with paprika-ey sauce), calamari, peppers stuffed with crab, tortilla, cheese dumplings, chorizo in cider sauce, black pudding with onions, and chickeney croquettes. So very delicious. The restaurant was packed, and it took them nearly an hour to get the food to us, but it was worth the wait. They also do huge glasses of wine. It was a good thing we ordered so much food, actually, to help temper the effect of a glass of wine that was 1/3 of a bottle on an empty stomach.

As per usual, the staff were slightly ineffective, but very nice.

It was a fabulous evening.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:05 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time love.
*hugs*
Happy anniversary!

 
At 3:30 am, Blogger Tah said...

Happy anniversary!

And how did Matt like his gift?

 
At 10:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! :) Good to hear you had a nice night out.

 
At 4:13 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

Happy happy
Joy Joy!
:)

 
At 6:29 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I'm glad you had a nice anniversary!
That tapas place is really good...

 
At 10:36 am, Blogger LaMa said...

Congrats, and tapas rocks!

 
At 12:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

April the 28th, eh? Good day for an anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home