Monday, March 05, 2007

Reading / Re-reading.

Travels With My Aunt - Graham Greene
I'm only halfway through this, but I'm loving it so far. Very well written, with characters you'd love to meet.

The Tarot Cafe Part 1 - Sang-Sun Park
It's more of a graphic novel, featuring four little stories of supernatural characters dealing with love and loss. It's very nicely drawn, and it's a sweet little book.

Millions of Women are Waiting to Meet You - Sean Thomas
Hmmm. This book confuses me. This is the story of a single man who tries internet dating. There are two parts to the story - the current events and the past events. The current bits are reasonably funny, and can hold my interest. The flashbacks... well, he seems to find it necessary to graphically talk about all the amazing sex he's had in the past, as if he's concerned we'll think he's unmanly for dating online. Now, you know me, I'm happy to talk or read about sex. But, if I'm to be honest, it just got very, very tedious.

The Man in the Rubber Mask - Robert Llewellyn
Very funny, with a lot of background and behind-the-scenes looks at what it's like to play 1/4 of the Red Dwarf cast.

Colony - Rob Grant
A darkly funny read from one of the writers of Red Dwarf.

Is it Just Me, Or is Everything Shit? Volume 2 - Steve Lowe and Alan McArthur
The perfect book for a grumpy person like myself. It's one of those books that have you laughing out loud and reading snippets to people. The first one's good, too.

After the Funeral - Agatha Christie
One of my favourite Poirot mysteries.

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
I'm never sure about this book. On one hand, this is about the third or fourth time I've read it, and I like parts of it, but I'm not sure that it deserves the hype it got when it came out.

The Children of Green Knowe - Lucy M. Boston
A child's classic. I loved the Green Knowe series of books when I was a child. They're so magical and haunting.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:07 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I don't know how you do it. I LOVE my books, but I can only read one at once.
And some of them sound good!

 
At 10:45 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Heh! Re-reading some Agatha Christie here too... :-)

And good to see I am not the only one reading multiple books at once.. :-p

I think you are channelling me... :-/

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

The Man In The Rubber Mask is indeed a very funny book. I've read it several times, and it still has me laughing out loud!

 
At 6:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pah, what a bunch of losers, wasting their time reading. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home