Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mutterings.

Well, I've actually been doing reasonably well recently, in terms of not turning into a crazy cat (well, rat) lady.
Whilst I'm still hardly whooping with joy about leaving the house, I am actually getting out there. On Friday I decided to go out and take photos around Holyrood park. By myself.

Now, this isn't particularly brave to anyone else. I realise that. But it took me a while to steel myself to go out there.

So out I went, with only my keys, my camera and some spare batteries. Not even a book or my MP3 player which I usually use to isolate myself in my own little bubble so I don't have to interact...

And I ended up wandering around the park for an hour and a half or so, taking pictures.
I was proud of myself.

Now, said pictures would be part of this post, which leads me to my lazy-blogger lists.

Bad things
My hard drive died, deleting almost every single one of my saved files. I now have a crappy new hard drive, which only has Paint as a photo manipulation programme.
So, no old photos, Projects, word files, etc. Plus a very very slow way to resize the 50-odd photos taken.

Cold. Cold, cold, cold. As many of you know, I have really, really crappy circulation. I can't feel my fingers. Or my toes. I wish we had central heating.

I have the plague. Well, probably not, but I'm excreting more in the way of phlegm than I'd really like to. Plus the cough, the burning eyes, the sore throat, the muzzy head... at least the vomiting only lasted one day.

Good things
I received a parcel full of lurid orange pyjamas with cows on from Nettie. They have a little vest with them, and a pair of fuzzy yellow bedsocks. They're only about one size too big for me this time, unlike the pink ones she got me last year, the tartan ones Amber gave me, and the gnome ones Joe sent me. Sadly, this means Matt won't get to be amused as, when wearing any of the big ones, I'd turn over in bed and the pyjamas wouldn't turn with me. I love my pyjamas.

My new kettle - it's all snazzy and shiny, and it has a button you press to flip open the top. It's just generally fancy and adorable.

When I went into the living room this morning, I greeted the pets as usual ("Hello there, general small wuzzes!") and then they all woke up and wandered out of their beds, as if for roll call.

Matt. Just in general.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:14 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

sounds like you have been making out like a bandit PJwise

Glad to hear you are venturing out in the world on your own...

get well soon

 
At 5:23 pm, Blogger MadCarlotta said...

It's brave to me. It takes a lot to get me out of the house at times as well.

 
At 5:41 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Yay for going to the park!

Download and install Irfanview. Its an easy program to view, crop and/or resize pictures, can also do batches. And its freeware.

Same with Google Picassa.

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Jarmies aren't fun if they're not too big!
I'm soooo glad you like them love! Soon it will be your turn to post an embarrassingly orange photo of yourself on your blog!
Hurrah!

Oh, and yes, you defintely need central heating. And cold showers are NOT good for you and your circulation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home