Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy whatever.

Well, New Year was New Yeary.

We had Mouse and her husband round on Saturday. We went kite flying with our new cool metre-and-a-half stunt kite. None of us are what you'd call expert kite flyers, but we had a lot of fun anyway. Then we came home, I made a delicious stew, and we watched some episodes of Firefly.

New Year's Eve was ok. We went out clubbing. The club was... a bit boring, but we all got talking to an Australian guy and a South African guy outside, and that was better.

New Year's Day we went through to my parents' house for a big feast of party snacks. We also swapped presents with them. Mouse got me the best present. I have been wanting this film for so long! Frogs!

Marvellous!

We went up to the local country park yesterday.

View from the top of the hill.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My dad, sister and brother pretending to be spying land across the small loch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's getting dark early at the moment, so we went to play on the death slide (those things that are a hard rubber disc on a stick that you sit on and it zooms down a wire) before it got completely black.

My brother got at my camera, so here are some photos he took of himself. The handsome devil.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here he is standing up on the death slide.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Just before that photo was taken, he'd sort of thrown the slide thing back along the wire, and the heavy rubber disc had slammed into my right temple. There was a bit of dizzyness and double vision, a bit of nausea and a lot of pain, but I didn't pass out or anything. Bastard. Typical that it's me who got injured.

Finally, here's a picture of Hastings. The cute little thing that she is.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 5:36 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Happy New Year love!

 
At 8:10 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

Hastings looks kind of evil in that photo with the glowy red eyez... trying to escape the tiny prizon

*let mez outz!!!!*

:)

 
At 9:05 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Playing on the death slide in the dark was a lot of fun!

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

We have a peice of playground equipment that looks vaguely like death slides, we call them plungers and they have that little bit of rubber on the stick but they act like an upsidedown seesaw.
Death slides look like so much fun!

I'm glad you had a great New Year, and I'm loving the photos!

 
At 12:49 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we have them in some playgrounds, Nettie. I love them. :-)

Death slides (or zip lines - I couldn't remember the other phrase for them before) are even better, though, in my opinion.
More exciting, more dangerous.

 
At 8:40 am, Blogger Nettie said...

We have Flying Foxes which could be similar. You hold onto a handle and swing across from one platform to another.

 
At 9:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I was just thinking that the death slide seems similar to the flying foxes here.

And I have to agree with Oppie...Hastings looks evil with the glowy red eyes!

Oh, and lovely shot of your brother's nostrils, there...

 
At 11:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hastings looks sort of evil in most pictures of her, actually. Demon rat! Demon rat!

I can't guess how many times I've been on something like that death slide, but it's been quite a few times. Although it's even more fun when you're 50 meters up and you don't have the rubber seat thingies! There was also a really long one in. . .ummmmm. . .somewhere in Germany, that just had a T-shaped handle that you hung on to and slid down a big long wire until you crashed into the ground at the far end. I suppose that the Germans are less worried about lawsuits than the Americans are. . .

 
At 10:20 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

There's a big death slide over a little lake/big pond at Blair Drummond Safari Park. That one's great fun.

 
At 10:35 pm, Blogger NEO said...

At least his nose was clean.

 
At 10:49 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

My arm was really sore when I woke up on Wednesday, and it wasn't until the evening that I realised that it was probably from going on the death slide!

 
At 12:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Har har har! My Madmouse Voodoo Doll is working!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home