Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Botox and great big fake boobs.

Hey, you start with therapy and go from there, right?

I went to the doctor again. It was basically to check how I was. He’s spoken to the therapist and I have an appointment on the 11th for the CBT.

I’ve been having really troubled sleep over the last week or so. I find it difficult to drop off, and when I dream, they’re all very, very detailed. Lots of conversations and detailed surroundings. They go on and on with all the details, and then I wake up. It takes me a while to get back to sleep, and when I do they just start up again. I am more tired when I wake up than when I go to sleep. They’re driving me insane.

The doctor said that there wasn’t a lot of point giving me something to help me sleep, as it would probably zonk me out when I was supposed to be awake. The anti-depressants might help me handle the anxiety, but they wouldn’t kick in for between two and eight weeks. So, basically, we’re trying the therapy. In the new year.

I’m not feeling very festive, either. Sometimes I get sparks of it, and we have our decorations up, but that’s about it. Oh well. I’m sure the feeling will kick in sooner or later.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:53 pm, Blogger LaMa said...

Please, don't pull it as far as botox and great big fake boobs. I'd have to ban you from my life.

* shudders of the thought *

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

'I’ve been having really troubled sleep over the last week or so. I find it difficult to drop off, and when I dream, they’re all very, very detailed. Lots of conversations and detailed surroundings. They go on and on with all the details, and then I wake up. It takes me a while to get back to sleep, and when I do they just start up again. I am more tired when I wake up than when I go to sleep. They’re driving me insane. '

You have just described in detail my sleeping pattern for the last week and a half.
I am exhausted.

*big hugs*
Hope you get some enjoyment out of Christmas this year.

 
At 12:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, now you have an idea of what the effects of my normal dreams are. Only mine tend to be rather unpleasant memories rather than just imagination, which adds onto the disturbingness factor. And that's all one of the main reasons that I tend to not go to sleep any more than I can help!

Have you tried to completely wear yourself out before going to bed? Or even in bed but before going to sleep? ;) When you're totally exhausted, you tend to dream less. Usually.

 
At 5:56 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

you had me at "great big fake boobs"

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger NEO said...

Big boobs are great, fake or real is suppose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home