Monday, April 16, 2007

The Bee Gees Vs. The Harlequin

Well, it's here. It's online. It made me laugh until I cried.

This is the masterpiece that Matt, Mouse, her husband, my brothers and I have created. It may be the best film in the entire universe*.

Now, we decided to make this film on the Friday night, shot it all between then and Sunday early afternoon, and spent under £10 on props - ties, red felt for the blood pools, and the disco accessory trio-combo as seen in the 'relaxation' scene (see if you can spot all three!)

In case there was wondering... I suggested that Matt, Huw and Chris looked like the Bee Gees and then it just sort of developed into them being the Bee Gees in the film. Every now and again one of them would ask "But... why are we the Bee Gees?" I'd say "Just because. Now shhh. Let's practice the swagger some more. One, two, three, four, GO!"

*Providing you don't mind the slightly shoddy acting, the terrible continuity, and the fact Dave only had two Bee Gees tracks to lay over it...

It was, I have to say, the MOST fun to film.

Many thanks to Joe for sending me the Harlequin in the first place, and therefore sparking the whole idea.

And no, I didn't choose to be featured. I did a lot of the behind-the-camera stuff instead.

Ok, no more waiting...

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:29 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

It's very funny love! It's just a pity we don't get to see you in it :(

 
At 12:08 am, Blogger Mouse said...

Woohoo! I can comment!
I think 'Ms Smith' is the best character in the whole film... ;-)

 
At 6:02 am, Blogger LaMa said...

Heheheh! The Bee Gees could not have met a better death!

I could only spot 2 of the 3 props :(

 
At 10:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! And I spotted all three props.

 
At 2:07 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I only saw two out of the three too...

 
At 3:51 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

WOW... that was freakin sweet!!!

I am so glad you got inspired by the harlequin doll :)

Five stars!!!!

 
At 4:43 am, Blogger Tah said...

Loved the film. Kudos to all those who worked on it - in front of the camera and behind the scenes. And I saw all three props.

When do we get the "making of" documentary? ;)

 
At 4:25 am, Blogger Tah said...

How come I'm the only one who has rated your movie on YouTube? :( At least I gave it a good rating.

 
At 3:57 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

Sorry, Blogger's being difficult about letting me sign in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home