Saturday, June 02, 2007

About me - in bed

No, not the sexy type bed stuff, and not the boring old stuff that loads of people do (snoring, talking, grinding of teeth, etc...), but the more odd sleeping habits.

1) I sleep under a lot of blankets whilst in the nude. I'm not a big fan of wearing PJs or anything to bed, because too often I find that I have turned over, but my bedwear has remained where it was, and is now throttling me. Currently, it being June, we have done away with the fleece that was over the sheet under us, and now 'only' have a fleece, an army blanket*, a duvet, a chenille-ish blanket* and a feather blanket* over us.

*Thanks, Acci! You stopped me from dying of cold this winter!

2) If I ever do get too warm, I'll remain under the blankets, but stick one bare foot out the side of the covers. Now, this is the important bit. I can't have it sticking out unprotected. If there isn't a sheet or some sort of blanket covering over it, something might get me. I'm not talking about the usual fear of something leaping out, or grabbing my foot and dragging me away, or eating it... but imagine if you were lying there in the dark, foot out of the covers, and something just trailed a finger down your foot...
*shudders*

3) Sort of connected to this, I prefer to sleep further down the bed. I tend to gradually edge downwards until my head's below the bottom edge of the pillow, and my toes dangle off the end of the bed. Covered up. Always.

4) I had mysterious dreams the other week. I kept waking up, then drifting off again for a few minutes. All I knew in my half-awake state was that it was very important to remember a certain word. My brain had processed it so that I awoke finally to wonder why I had to think of Terry Pratchett's Cohen the Barbarian. Then I remembered that the word I needed was possible to find through connections. I remembered that my dream had somehow decided that Cohen was somehow easier to remember than Conan, and the word I was so desperately having to remember was onanism. Exactly why it was vital for me to remember the biblical word for masturbation, I have no idea.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:59 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

You're weird.

 
At 12:26 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I am much the same in all these aspects apart from the last one. Oh and even though I end up with my head just below the pillow, I'm too short for my feet to hang over the edge.

So I don't think they're odd at all!

 
At 5:09 am, Blogger Smerk said...

I agree with Mouse.

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger MadCarlotta said...

I'm with you and Nettie, except I don't mind having my feet stick out. In fact, in warm weather, I HAVE to have them sticking out.

And I'm so tall, it doesn't take much for my feet to hang off of the bed =\

I miss my down comforter *sniff* Never marry anyone with allergies, although I'm flummoxed how the feather pillows don't bother him, yet the down blankets do.

 
At 5:01 am, Blogger Tah said...

*Trails a finger down Boo's foot.*

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

trails a finger down Boo's butt *grin*

 
At 12:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever get bored, Boo, you can try looking at the various discolourations on that army blanket and try to figure out 1) what made them and 2) what part of the world they were made in.

Or maybe you're happier not knowing. ;-)

Personally, even in the hot weather I like to keep at least a sheet over myself. Habit, I suppose, from trying to keep myself from being eaten alive by bugs. In the Winter, though, I've been known to even get the sheepskins off the floor and pile them up on top of me.

And it's always important to keep your feet covered so that the vampire bats can't get them, Boo. Which can be a bit of a challenge for me in most beds, since even with my head up to the wall my toes still often stick over the end. Grrrrrrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home