Monday, June 18, 2007

Hot and spicy pork.

Well, today I went back to see my nurse. Last time I saw her and the doctor, they basically said that I was anaemic, and that I should come back in a few weeks, and eat and drink healthily in the meantime.
I walked in, and she said "Oooh, you look great!" So that was a nice reception. She took yet more of my blood, then sent me on my way.

I also went to Lidl, where I picked up a pack of reduced pork. When I was at the checkout, the guy was flirting with me, before offering me 'hot and spicy pork' for free. Now, in fairness, that was what the product was called but, what with the flirting, I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing hysterically. (Turns out that they were close to the sell-by, and were therefore being given away.)

And I am now officially a glasses wearer. I went to the opticians at the weekend, and got two pairs for £144. I don't have any photos of me wearing them, but these are the styles, here and here.

The first of those pairs I shall be picking up on Thursday (something about the thickness of lenses meant I couldn't get same-day collection). The second pair is the pair I'm currently wearing. I was concerned (well, I still am, to some extent) that I look like a complete nerd in them, but even Mouse said they suited me. And if even my sister isn't taking the opportunity to mock me, they must be ok.

Here's a picture of Hastings, asleep with full cuteness.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Blogger Mouse said...

I never mock you!
*looks innocent*

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

I've seen you with your glasses on love and they do suit you! No wonder you're being flirted with ;-)

 
At 5:08 am, Blogger Tah said...

Hooray for glasses!

The first pair look like they are rimless on the bottom? If so, the lenses do need to be a certain thickness. A groove is then cut in them then a clear plastic line (basically fishing line but sturdier) runs in that groove to hold them in place.

So if your prescription is strong enough so your lenses are thick you would conceivably get the full-frame pair first. If they are using the lighter, thinner lens material for them they tend to have that in stock for stronger Rx.

But the "regular" lens material, which would be thicker with the stronger Rx wouldn't necessarily be in stock. Because people with those strong Rxs generally get the stuff to make them look thinner. But the rimless glasses need the thicker stuff so the groove can be cut in them.

More than you ever wanted to know about glasses and lenses, probably!

Yes, I used to work in an optical place selling glasses. :-)

 
At 10:39 am, Blogger Smerk said...

Both pairs of specs are nice, Boo. And welcome to the realm of short-sighted geeks!

Oh, and don't pets always looks so very cute when they're asleep?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home