Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lazy Blogger Day

Today is Lazy Blogger Day, so I'll just type stuff as and when I remember them. Watch out for the random, it's a little on the sticky side.

I may be in love with Janeane Garofalo. She's just so witty and intelligent! And cute. And she always looks so young, despite the fact she was born in 1964. That last one's more of an observation than a reason I like her.

Thought - shouldn't salt and vinegar crisps taste of... well... salt and/or vinegar? Blech. Plus, I don't believe that circles are as novelty a shape for potato based snacks as squares. I don't know why. Maybe because squares are not a shape that are generally found in food items. Plus, square crisps are nice.

I was having a chat with a guy at work yesterday, and he re-enforced the message that one must pass some form of 'test' and gain some sort of 'licence' to drive a fork-lift truck. Yes, even the cute little red one. Hmph.

Oh! BDP news (it's been a long time)! There's been 36 loads of concrete blocks under there over the past couple of days. Pigeon activity has been at a minimum, but I do have a couple of Dead Pigeon pictures from a while back that I don't think I posted. They're still on the camera (so, no I didn't post them, obviously), but I'm sure I'll get round to posting them any day now.

I think people know I got overexcited in a bookshop yesterday and spent £35 (Which is $72 Canadian, $83 Australian, $62 and a half American, or 51 Euros).
I'm most of the way through The Hamster That Loved Puccini, which is hilarious. I would recommend it. And what a great review it has!

This book solves about a dozen Christmas presents! I have just finished reading THE HAMSTER, which a friend told me made her laugh so much she had to get off the tube as people were looking at her strangely.
Of course, this means I had to bring a back-up book to work, as the prospect of having nothing to read leaves me shaky and speechless with dread.

Speaking of that, I've started to notice some of my books going missing. I haven't seen my copy of the book of Playground Law in ages. Mysterious black hole? Thieving magpies? Murd'rers?

Who can say?

Also, is it really sad to leave a shop to avoid someone? I was in an art gallery shop (so it's probably best for my bank account that I was driven away) and there was a guy there that I went to college with. We didn't fight or anything back then, but I just didn't want to talk to him. Is that weird?

FOUND magazine is fascinating. I ended up circling around it for ages, reading all the notes. Some are funny, some sad. Go. Read!

And finally, for I have just realised this is in danger of becoming the size of a large encyclopedia, we unexpectedly went into the living room the other night and turned on the light. Johnny Ransom was hanging, entirely still, from the roof of his cage, looking for all the world like a jewel thief lowering himself from the ceiling of a museum, then stopping for the guard to walk, oblivious, beneath him. Practising his Soldier of Fortuning, I s'pose. Wow. That sounded a lot funnier when remembered it. It was jolly funny at the time, anyway.

Ok, finally finally (I know, but it's breaking news) Matt's contract has been extended at work. Yay!

4 Comments:

At 2:07 pm, Blogger Nettie said...

Yes, Janeane Garofalo is the greatest. I particularly liked her in The truth about cats and dogs.

 
At 9:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, see that Playground Law book...well, I might possibly be the aforementioned murderer who has it. If so, oops!

 
At 12:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I've done the exit somewhere to avoid talking to someone trick...

Johnny Ransom sounds so cute! (Uh oh...I mentioned the "C" word!)

And yay for Matt! Even if he is working for the IRS.

 
At 5:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For your information, salt and vinegar chips should not taste of salt and vinegar. They should not taste of anything. They should not exist. They are an abomination, and must be purged from the land.

I can't say that I've ever left a shop due to somebody I dislike being there. I'll either ignore them and get on with my business, or else glare at them so that they'll get nervous and self-conscious and feel encouraged to remove themselves from the building.

And hurrah for Matt! And for Johnny Ransom, protector of the realm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home