Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I don't know what's wrong with me today. I keep having to do things like phone Matt to check he still likes me, and I can't stick to one work-related item for more than 15 minutes before jumping to something else. This post has taken me all day to write, because I can't concentrate on that either. I'm all buzzy, but exhausted at the same time.
Blech. Nothing a good evening on the sofa won't fix.

Note to the three people with surfboards wandering around the train station at lunchtime: When carrying a surfboard, abruptly coming to a standstill then turning round is NOT A GOOD IDEA. Surfboards hurt when they whack you.

I have no idea what this means: Star Guitar
Michel Gondry returns to the Chems stable to sync up the beat with the aesthetic in fine style. Groundbreaking and the perfect compliment to the pulsating new track from Tom and Ed.


But this article on the Chinese Room Argument is very interesting.

This is really cool. And the Dhives Akuru script is beautiful.

And getting back to yesterday's topic, doesn't this picture of Janeane Garofalo make her look like Alyssa Milano?

A chicken sandwich with both sweet chilli and mayonnaise tastes... odd. And I can't work out if it's good-odd or bad-odd. I ate the whole thing, so I suppose it counts as good-odd. But still...

Dictionary.com doesn't have the British use of the word 'allotments'. I suppose that makes sense when you find out the source: "The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company." Webster's has it, though. That's nice.

List of things I want to buy before the influx in May

A teapot
More towels
Lots of loo roll, teabags etc
Disposable BBQs
Non-refrigerator related food
Plates?

There. Wasn't that a parade of mundanity?
*sigh*
Is it May yet?

2 Comments:

At 10:19 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

But... what does 'sync up the beat with the aesthetic in fine style' mean?

 
At 5:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much surfing goes on in Edinburgh in the Winter?

That "Chinese Room" argument doesn't really seem to me to argue against the possibility of AI. It just says that we wouldn't really know for sure what's going on in the computer's mind, and it wouldn't really know what was going on in ours. Why does it have to see things the same way that we do in order to be considered intelligent?

And if you like that Dhives Akuru script, you ought to see the writing that people use in Sri Lanka.

By the way: what is a disposable barbecue?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home