Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rambling (in more than one way)

Hello, there!
It's Sunday morning (although it will be officially afternoon when this post goes up), and I've been awake since eight o'clock. Did I need to be awake at eight o'clock? Why, no. I got up to pee, and couldn't get back to sleep. We slept in the living room last night, just for fun (yes, I know, we're weird), and Matt is still slumbering gently in a nest of cushions and blankets on the floor. I'm keeping myself entertained with some Torchwood books, the internet (although forums are quiet this time on a Sunday) and by admiring my lovely new jumper, which is not as dark as it looks at the link. More cheery plum coloured.

Matt just raised his head blearily and announced the time, before dozing off again. He's been doing this about once an hour throughout the morning, because he has an exciting new watch. I was going to keep it for a Christmas present, but it occurred to me that it may not fit him, and I didn't want him to be all excited about something that didn't fit on Christmas. So I gave it to him yesterday and, of course, it does fit. Bugger.

Anyway, it's got the... crap, what are they called? [quick trip to wikipedia] Autobots symbol on the face (why could I not remember that? Sleep deprivation, probably.), and it has Optimus Prime on the strap. BUT, and this is the bit that can lead to hours of enjoyment if you are Matt, you can kind of rotate the sections of the strap above and below the face, and they have Bumblebee on the back. So it's two watches in one. Sort of.

In other news, I am tremendously excited about the fact that we now have recycling boxes. Emailing the council worked! I am about to rush off to sort paper and glass and card into the appropriate boxes, but I did promise you guys photos of Australia, and you know I couldn't leave you hangin' (as I believe the kids say these days).
Wow.
I'm rambly this morning. Have some photographs!

So. Nettie obviously wanted to hook us early, and took us to Mundaring Weir. The weather was gorgeous, and the scenery was just awesome...

We started off down in the park area. It looked quite like Holyrood Park in Edinburgh, but way sunnier and hotter.


The colours were so gorgeous.




It being a beautiful day, Matt was, of course, wearing his massive hat, sunglasses, long-sleeved top, trousers and factor 50+ sun lotion.



We walked up the hill to the lookout point. Again, it was stupidly pretty, with the dappled sunlight through the trees.


Our first sight of a kookaburra. Ooh, we said. Oooh, a kookaburra! That's not what I was saying when we went for lunch at the nearby pub after our walk, and one swooped down, landed in my plate, stabbed me in the eye with its wing, and stole the cheese out of my salad.
Damn kookaburras.



A view of the weir itself from the lookout point.

There was a rock formation at the top. King of the WORLD!


'Twenty-eights'. Hey, they're parroty things. It was exciting for us.

And shots taken from the weir itself. Including one with Nettie.



This is when we first really discussed the prospect of emigrating.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:30 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

Wow, awesome pics! The one of the kookaburra immediately made me think of the song I learned way back in like second grade... :)

And it's not all that weird to sleep in the living room. Dave and I do that sometimes. (Hmm, that might make us weird, too....)

*hugs*

 
At 6:32 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

I meant to say also that your sweater is very pretty! Love that color. :)

*hugs*

 
At 4:58 am, Blogger Tah said...

Enjoying the holiday picture posts. Looking forward to seeing more.

And it sounds like a cool watch. I want one! ;-)

 
At 3:13 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I miss you guys :(

And Christian and I also sleep in the lounge room from time to time so I don't think it's weird at all. It gives us the chance to snuggle with the hobbits since they're not allowed on the bed any more.

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Tru said...

I so wish I could have come with. However, you will all be getting wedding invitations for next year. That being the reason I'm technically broke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home