Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Travellicious.

Aside: I was back at work today and, barring general decrepitude, managed ok.
Go me! Woo!
Man, that was far too thrilling. I think I need to lie down.

Ok, let's get down to business!
I mean, not down to business obviously. Not that my readership is anything other than very attractive, of course. But, y'know, Matt would complain and, what with me still being a bit ill and all, it might not be such a good idea.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

We had a stop-off at Bangkok airport for about an hour. It was about the right length of time, it turns out, as it gave us enough opportunity to wander about in the airport without getting bored.


Here's Matt looking tired, and proving that he was actually in Thailand.



They had many of these statues of gods around the area we were in. Each had a plaque with the name of the god, and their story. I don't know if you can tell from the photographs, but these statues are massive.





A view out of the window. I love that the nearby motorway has little turrety spire-esque bits on it.


Ooh, twirly.


The airport also had lots of murals. I took photos of a few, but my camera was acting up, so these are the only decent shots I got.



Next time: lots and lots of photos of Australia!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:44 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

exotic - like you

 
At 7:19 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Thailand is a rather spiffy place, when they're not having political coups or things like that. But yeah, an hour might be long enough to see the airport without getting bored. If you want to see more of the country, though, you should plan on at least 90 minutes.

Hmmm. . .and we're supposed to just take your word that the first photo wasn't photoshopped, and that Matt really was there?

Did you remember to ask the statues' permission to have their pictures taken before doing so? If not, you might wake up one morning to find them standing at the foot of your bed looking disapproving. . .

 
At 12:31 am, Blogger Shawna said...

"If not, you might wake up one morning to find them standing at the foot of your bed looking disapproving. . ."

...Yeah, let's freak out Boo...good plan...sheesh. lol

Nice pics, hon--love the ones of the murals. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home