Monday, November 24, 2008

G'day W.A.!

I'm ill. It's pathetic. I've begged the day off work, and I've spent almost all of it huddled on the sofa, drinking tea and juice, scarfing down medicines and garlic and vitamins, and watching horror movies (might as well get something out of the experience, hey? Besides, the amount of garlic I've taken should disintegrate a vampire at 50 paces). I feel like there's a hot balloon gently inflating inside my skull, and it hurts. And my glands and my throat and my sinuses and my nose and my eyes and my freakin' muscles hurt.

So I thought that since I'm camped out here, I should get going on the holiday snaps.

Before you get too excited, this is going to be a bit of a short post. My brain is only letting me have about half an hour's rational thinking at a time (pause for the "So what's new?" comments), so it may be a little feeble (see previous set of brackets).

I'm going to have to work out how to break them down into some sort of order, so I thought I'd start with Aussie graffiti. Not very indicative of our trip as a whole, but I might as well begin with what's familiar for the blog, eh?

These were taken during our first trip to Mundaring weir.
Carved into a pipe:




Nettie assures us that this one wasn't written by her, as she can spell her own name.


On the back of a toilet door. I hope for Troy's sake that someone just wrote an addendum to the original graffiti.


One for the category of 'helpful' notes. This door was unattached to anything, and was propped up against a fence (not technically graffiti).


On the same door. Oh, is it? Really?


When we went down to the lake nearby, this one caught my eye.
Note: Matt actually survived the Australia trip. No need to worry.


During our visit to Fremantle, I noticed a few vaguely creepy items (huzzah!).
This one was next to a church.


Along the path by the harbour:
I did. Nothing much to see there. Oh well.


Scary clown! Aaagh! Even now... can't sleep, clown yeah, actually... virus will get me.


Sad dancing bean thing? Love it.


Agh! Where?


Taken in some toilets on our way to the Pinnacles, here's that straight-talkin' Aussie attitude.


Rorschach water stain outside the zoo.
*sniggers*
Oh, what? Like you don't see it?


Ok, honeys, I am all blogged out for now. Wussy, I know.
Time for me to drink some more orange juice, take some more vitamins, and (unfortunately), it's probably about time for the fever to kick back in.
One hour until I can take more medicine!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Ooo! Ooo! I see the shape in the Rorschach water stain! It's a jellyfish, right? Sort of tilted counterclockwise 90 degrees or so?

And you're probably sick because you were infected with Aussieness, and now that you're away from WA you've left the source of your new-gained strength. You need to start wearing an Akubra and eating Vegemite sandwiches so you can build back up your Aussieness.

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger oppiejoe said...

shall I punch acci in the head for you Boo?

*draws back*

note: word verification = midedges
Sounds like something real

*wanders off to googleland*

 
At 10:16 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

*hugs*
Sorry you're sick. Very cool graffiti, though! Which reminds me, I still have to load up that picture of the tree graffiti for you!

Can't wait to see more pics, and I hope you're feeling better soon, hon!

 
At 6:24 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I'd forgotten about some of them. Good times :D

Hope you're better soon xxxx

(PS I think perhaps the word verification has indeed moved onto real words - mine is 'diner')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home