Monday, August 01, 2005

Land of a million biscuits...

*WARNING: DULL POST AHEAD*

We didn't do much this weekend. Stayed up late watching rubbish on TV, reading, or chatting online. Getting up late and going to buy biscuits, because I am very influenced by what I read (A Nice Cup of tea and a Sit Down) and a biscuit barrel.
Here's something I learned: twelve packets of biscuits will not fit into the average large-ish biscuit barrel. We have Hobnobs, chocolate digestives (both with caramel and without) and Ginger Nuts safely ensconsed, but the others are open to the elements. Barring the Jammy Dodgers, which Matt has long since devoured like a wolf.

Oooh, that was a long bit about biscuits. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Yesterday, we went on the Ghost and Ghouls tour around Edinburgh, ending up in the vaults under South Bridge. It was pretty good overall (and they take you to the pub for a drink at the end, huzzah!), but there were two bits I didn't like. Firstly, I thought the stories would have been creepier if he didn't occasionally shout to startle us and, secondly, the mention of 'ghost orbs' showing up in pictures taken in the vault made me laugh for some time.
All in all, it definately prodded buttock, if not 100% kicked ass.

And, in other news, I HAVE PURPLE HAIR!
So here's a really rubbish picture of the top of my head to show it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you've got this far without falling unconscious, CONGRATULATIONS! Here's a biscuit.

8 Comments:

At 7:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After long and careful study, I have perfected a special technique for dealing with excess biscuits. I like to call it the "Eat All the Excess Biscuits In A Frenzy of Feeding" technique. It is facilitated greatly by the addition of a good cup of hot tea.


And you have PURPLE HAIR!!! Wow!

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Even we can't manage 12 packets in one of our infamous 'Biscuit Frenzies'.
It's not like we haven't tried...

 
At 8:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must train yourself. Start off with eight packets a day, and gradually work upwards from there.

 
At 8:39 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

There appears to be some kind of wounded badger on your site and...


Oh, that's your hair.


My mistake.

 
At 8:48 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

1. That's just mean.
2. If it were a wounded badger it would have had far more coverage, blog-wise.

 
At 1:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for purple hair, ghost walks, and biscuits!

 
At 8:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you can manage 12 packets of biscuits in one sitting if you really tried.

 
At 11:15 pm, Blogger RACL said...

Ooh, I love biscuits. And yes, although I am an American, I do know what you mean. (And it really frustrates my non-British-speaking friends when I say "trousers" instead of "pants" or "braces" instead of suspenders.) Do you get chocolate digestives or some other kind?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home