Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Book Dilemma...

Now, I was reading 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd', then Matt got me a couple of other books, and because I'm rubbish at finishing one book before starting another, I dove straight into one of the new ones.

So I'm in the middle of both 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd' (Agatha Christie, obviously) and 'Yes Man' by Danny Wallace, author of 'Join Me' and co-author of 'Are You Dave Gorman?'

Now, I also got a book by a guy called Pierre Bayard, called 'Who Killed Roger Ackroyd', which is a sort of treatise on 'TMORA'.

I also have 'Crap Towns II' by Sam Jordison and Dan Kieran.
And A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down, the book of the website. Written by Nicey and Wifey.

So I want to read the two Ackroyd books together, but I don't know in what order to read these five!
Gyaaargh!

This is the sort of problem that no-one else has, isn't it?

PS: This is urgent. Help me!

Oh, and this morning the young Pigeons were still hanging around the BDP. Guarding their dead?

5 Comments:

At 5:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo, it's simple: you read the first book first, and then the third book second. The second book can be read fifth, since it's unrelated to the first and third, although I'm not sure of its connections with the fourth and fifth (so you might actually want to read it fourth, or even third). The fourth and fifth books can be read third and fourth or fourth and third, depending on your whim of the moment, unless you chose to read the second book either third or fourth, in which case you'd obviously have to read either the fourth or fifth book fifth. I hope that this will help clear up things for you.

 
At 6:04 pm, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that, Acci.

 
At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think you should go for 'yes man' first. it sounds terrific. it's on my buy list.

 
At 1:56 pm, Blogger Charybdis said...

Since you've never mentioned reading Flashman I'm afraid I can't bring myself to help you until you rectify this egregious situation.

 
At 1:32 am, Blogger RACL said...

Nice Cuppa Tea and a Sit Down...another title I should have appropriated. My dilemna is when is ****** Trainspotting going to come in the mail???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home