Monday, May 03, 2010

What do cooking and jewellery have in common?

I've been creating interesting recipes these past few days. I know, you're shocked, right? I made a pasta bake thing with garlic (and nutmeg and bacon lardons and spring onions and goat cheese) based on a very simple recipe I found somewhere on teh interwebz.
And I made a leek bread pudding yesterday. It was somewhat experimental, but tasted SO MUCH BETTER than the name made it sound. It was great eaten cold in the early morning, when we got home from clubbing.
Today (and yes, this is the point you can all say 'ew' and back away) I'm making a very simple haggis lasagne for dinner. Yum yum yum.
I adapted it a bit (as I do most recipes) and added in an extra layer of bechamel sauce, as I was a little concerned it might turn out too dry.

Speaking of food, I have added another item to my collection of food-related jewellery.
(Didja see that segue? Like a ninja!)
I'm not sure why I love fake food items as jewellery so much. There's something that's just charming about them. I have been eyeing this ice-cream pendant for a few weeks now.

I also had to stop myself from buying a ring in the shape of a cake with glittery stones on it. My self-restraint is legendary, yo.
Thing is, my tastes seem to run either of two ways. The faintly-gothic items way, and the girly-dorky-cute items way. Things like a zombie Hello Kitty or gothic Bratz dolls (like the ones Chary sent me a few years ago (and which are still proudly on display in the living room, by the way)) are pretty much my ideal. I'm not sure how these two... genres of personal taste match up, and I know it surprises some people that they do, but hey, it seems to work for me. And that's the main thing.

Bonus: out-of-focus photo of me ready for our night out.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:06 pm, Anonymous DavePrime said...

the cooking thing sounds yummilicious!!

And the jewelry, whilst a bit odd to many, seems to me to be perfectly in character for you. ;-)

It really sounds like You and Matt are enjoying an upswing lately, and i am glad to see it. :)

 
At 8:05 am, Blogger Nettie said...

I shall have to remember this little quirk about you and keep my eye out for food related jewellery!

 
At 12:37 am, Anonymous Oppiejoe said...

Blurry Boo... so sexay

 
At 4:38 pm, Anonymous sim said...

its the stairs i remember most about amsterdam lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home