Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stirling

We wanted to do something a bit different from our usual 'wandering around Edinburgh' thing this weekend. So we decided to go to Stirling. I haven't been there in about 12 years, and Matt never has, so we went to see what it was like.

Yeah, it hasn't changed much since I was last there. More coffee shops, and that's about it.

We were hoping to go to the Stirling Old Town Jail, but apparently it doesn't open for the season until April, so we made do with looking at the outside.


A gate into the graveyard of the Church of the Holy Rude. *sniggers*
I do find it interesting that ours (in Edinburgh, I mean) is 'Holy Rood'. I wonder why there is a difference in the spelling.

As we walked up the hill to the castle, we passed through the graveyard. Beautiful views.


A view from the battlements at the castle. I had to sit on a cannon for this shot.

Matt likes cannons.

There were some really fucking terrifying displays in the Great Kitchens.

And then we played in the castle proper.

True story: I didn't realise that I was wearing all black with purple accessories until I looked at this photo afterwards...



After our adventure in the far lands, we came home, ate fresh pasta with this tomato sauce, and now we're about to watch UP, which we bought on DVD yesterday.
So, g'night, my darlings.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:43 pm, Anonymous DavePrime said...

Loo a fun time was had by all! (Though i tend to want to believe that there was more 'playing' in the castle than was shown....) *cheesygrin*

But that's just me... lol

 
At 12:34 am, Blogger Hieronymous Anonymous said...

I can neither confirm or deny that.
;-)

 
At 12:36 am, Blogger Nettie said...

Ooooh, I want to go there! Can we go there? Please? Please? Preety please?
lol

I can't believe you want to move to Perth when you have *that* in your backyard! What on earth could this place off er you apart from hot weather???

 
At 6:52 pm, Blogger Shawna said...

Well, Nettie, the hot weather is a *major* plus for me! lol

Seriously, though, I would also love to go to Stirling. And I think I don't want to live anywhere anymore, just travel. I think I need to win the lottery, though, in order to do that. *sigh*

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger Acci said...

Perhaps people in Sterling are just a much more rude lot than you Edinburghers?

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger MadCarlotta said...

Hey, we watched Up last night too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home